Right Wing, Right Now - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 20-07-2004, 09:22 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Right Wing, Right Now

A tribute to our American friends.

Feel free to comment.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 09:32 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

It's nice to be appreciated.

We may not always go about it the right way, but our hearts usually in the right place. I think the U.S. and U.K. should take over the world anyway.
Old 20-07-2004, 11:23 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #3
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

I'm sure those who gave their lives for the freedom of others wouldn't consider this disrespectful.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 02:10 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Sheesh it's actually standing up for the same ideals those soldiers did...freedom...and the fact that the French blatently sold out (less so the Germans, who have their own reasons for being anti-war...given their history it's understandable)...the French only backed out of the war in Iraq because Total-Fina (French company) and Elf (another French company, I believe) both had deals with Iraqi oil producers to sell them cheap oil...hmmm...wonder which side was motivated by oil, given that economists calculated it'd take 5 years of American investment in Iraq to get the right sort of cheap oil supplies?

The "oil" argument is conveniently used by anti-americans and those against the war...but it actually cuts the other way because it was oil that motivated the French.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 07:50 AM   #5
Nick

I have to disagree Hazzle, although you're right about the French having a deal with Iraqi oil producers to give them (the French) cheaper oil, the Iraqis wouldn't make the same deal with the U.S. and that's why we went to war. Bush of course won't admit that, he still insists they're looking for "weapons of mass destruction." This is a crock, I happen to have a cousin in the army who served in Iraq for nine months. While he was there he and his platoon were sent out to guard an area that supposedly had some "weapons of mass destruction" that had been buried there. He and the other soldiers of course were told they were fighting for freedom, but when they got there they found absolutely nothing. When they got back to base they were told "military intelligence" made a mistake. Yeah this war is really worth it isn't it?
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #6
alby

Democrats and Republicans are cut from the same cloth. We're just all witnesses to the cancerous effects of the two party system.

The initials UK are missing beside the words armed forces.