Favorite "American" Foothball team/Player - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 17-07-2004, 03:18 AM   Senior Registered Member #21
frodo1511
Pin Dick

My favorite RB would have to be OJ Simpson. If he can get away w/ murder, than he gets best RB in my book
Old 17-07-2004, 03:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #22
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
You live in America, you can call it 'soccer'

And Beckham plays for Real Madrid now.

//Edit:
My favorite football player of all time..would have to be Randall Cunningham when he played for Philly. I've always love the Eagles, and Randall was a QB that wasn't afraid to run the ball and not slide out like a pussy.

I like soccer more than football (american) though. Soccer's the only sport I play. My favorite player would have to be Zidane ever since the 2002 cup, sexy and bald that one.

I usually call soccer 'footy' but as an American, just for this post, I referred to it as soccer.....meh.

Soccer(football) and golf are my life(although air bases have the cut-off line to play rec. soccer at 9th grade. Makes me very damn mad...)
Anywho, jacoby, I lived in Germany for 4 years, so I'm accustomed to calling it football, even in the states.
Old 17-07-2004, 03:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #23
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Soccer(football)
Anywho, jacoby, I lived in Germany for 4 years, so I'm accustomed to calling it football, even in the states.
Fair enough, sorry for attacking you.
Old 17-07-2004, 04:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #24
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Fair enough, sorry for attacking you.
No problem, you didn't know, so it wansn't your fault
Old 17-07-2004, 04:25 AM   Officer #25
DragonRat
Officer

Favorite American football team: San Francisco 49ers ('twas an obvious question)

Favorite American football player: Steve Young (simply because I wasn't really old enough to know about the miraculous Joe Montana, and I grew up with the 90s Niners)

Favorite American active football player: probably Peyton Manning; the guy knows the game inside and out, he's a thinking quarterback, and he's one of the best.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 04:06 PM   Officer #26
Renegade
Stock Boy

Team: San Francisco 49ers

Player: Steve Young also, until that dick from the Rams knocked him out and ended his career. Then I favored Terrell Owens but he sold out and went to Philly. Now it's Julian Peterson.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 07:55 PM   Officer #27
DragonRat
Officer

It's true. Julian Peterson is pretty much our best player on the entire squad. I remember a couple years ago, he played as a defensive lineman, linebacker, cornerback (but I think for a dime package), and a safety. The guy's got speed and power on all cylinders. Without TO, Garcia, Tai Streets, we have little offense, except for the running game, with Kevan Barlow. I don't know if Rattay will be healthy for the regular season; otherwise, we'll see Dorsey get a start, which I'd like to see. We'll have a young team, with a good core of Dorsey and Barlow and Peterson.

I don't know if Erickson wants to keep the West Coast offense, or do his own thing. The Niners have prided themselves on using the West Coast offense to its best, but without a good passing game, we might end up going playaction this year.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
Old 18-07-2004, 01:13 AM   Officer #28
Renegade
Stock Boy

Realistically, the Niners aren't going to go anywhere this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals finish ahead of them. San Fran lost all their core players. Now they're making Brandon Llyod, a 2nd year man who has potential but not experience, their #1 receiver. Rattay also showed potential last year but proved he's only a pocket passer (unlike Garcia who could run the ball). Ken Dorsey has a good history behind him being a premier QB at Miami but he's been criticized for his success because of the talented players around him. The only bright side of the offseason was that the Niners resigned both Barlow and Peterson.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 06:36 AM   Officer #29
DragonRat
Officer

Rattay actually did well in the games that he played last year. He has a good arm, and he can read the schemes well. With that said, I doubt the Niners will do well. I can only hope they can manage to hit .500 by the end of the season. If not, well it's not because we didn't try. And if we succeed, then I'll be celebrating like a Greek in Lisbon.