Scarlett Johansson Wavefront Development Blog - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > The Hole

The Hole Where classic, keepsake threads go to die.

Old 26-06-2005, 09:48 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

Exclamation Scarlett Johansson Wavefront Development Blog

Scarlett Johansson Wavefront
Development Blog

1. Introduction

So this evening I've decided that I'm approaching about ready to begin development of the SJW project. Over the next few weeks and months I shall be documenting the progress in this thread for my own reference, as well as those others who may participate in the creation of the new site. While KKW was developed in a very random, ad-hoc fashion, it is my aim that SJW should be managed and planned correctly from the very outset. To that end, this blog should allow me the reflection required to make the best job of the task ahead. I want to make sure that a degree of sensible yet unrestrictive Project Management is adhered to in order to make the process of development efficient and coherent, avoiding in particular the huge mess that is/was the KKW CSS programming.

2. Goals
Quite simply, Scarlett Johansson Wavefront will be offered to the internet in a manner that sates the desire of fans everywhere who search for that sort of material. It should provide the fanbase with regular news and images, create a springboard to develop an interactive community and importantly make the site's patrons feel that they have enjoyed an experience that takes them a step closer to Scarlett.

3. Platform & Delivery
After research into a number of different technologies, I have chosen to develop SJW using primarily the Mambo CMS to administer the site and its content and use CSS to lay out the site almost exclusively. This should see SJW as far more streamlined and flexible than KKW. It is important to get the form of management and delivery right from the very beginning. Mambo appears very powerful and great for multi-user admin of all the site's pages and content, not just the front-page news.

Image galleries will be handled independently through a customised installation of Coppermine in the same manner as KKW.

4. Future Planning
Soon I will devise a plan for what the site needs to accomplish in the next six months. That is, what the site needs to deliver to its visitors and the way in which it should do this. This includes features and dynamic elements. Once I have created a basic brief for SJW we can then begin simple drafts of how it should work as a structured set of data.

Only once this phase is complete should we begin to think about how the site will look. I am particularly concious that form should follow function this time round, hence my desire to plan all the details meticulously from the outset.

5. The Board
I envisage SJW being run by a core of three administrators, myself included. I know Kelsey is top-dog for one of these spots and I would also like to recruit another admin with a technical background to administer the Mambo engine and dynamic elements. Forum administration is not a concern at this stage. Any other help may not necessarily come from the KKW administration.

6. Delivery
I hope to deliver SJW as a functional fansite before 15th September 2005.
Old 14-03-2006, 02:41 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Rofl. Good plan.

Ready, go!