The Unavoidable Emo Thread! - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 15-07-2004, 02:21 AM   #1
Kyle_West

The Unavoidable Emo Thread!

yay!

How do you like emo? If you don't have the slightest clue what emo is then go here www.fourfa.com

Maybe A picture will help you?.......well when Jacoby sees this thread he'll post some of his friend's artwork concerning the matter.

Real Emo...

O yeah Dashboard Confessional, Weezer, and Ozma are not emo.
Old 15-07-2004, 02:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I'm more into the rock. Crossfade, Shinedown, A Perfect Circle, Breaking Benjamin, whoever...
Old 15-07-2004, 02:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
Richard
Dated

I think I've seen emo's at my school. They get good babes. I should be an emo...
Old 15-07-2004, 02:41 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Arrrr I hate emo. I tried to set that pic up Kyle, but it got messed up...it's a shame. Emo is a fad right now, and it will die off soon. Can't wait till that day so I can see all these "emo forever" kids who say "Emo is just who I am" realize they were just a part of a fad. You'll be indie soon enough Kyle, I'm going to convert you.
Old 15-07-2004, 02:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
gracie
Goddess

dude...that site is the devil! lol all guys dress like early november rejects these days...that doesnt make em emo richard

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 03:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #6
Spire
InSpire Me

I hate emo. I hate emo so much. Jacoby has seen the light, so he can live. All you other emo people need to make your way to my "special treatment" room.
Old 15-07-2004, 04:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #7
Pygmalion
Pissed

Hear hear. Emo is a phase. Go alternative.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 04:36 AM   Officer #8
mufiman
Officer

Emo is horrible. stupid annoying wailing and emotional..crap. all the "goths" here listen to it and it "relates" to them. i despise the music, and the people who "live" emo are just stupid, with their "emo" glasses and spiked belts. im with jacoby and spire on this. emo blows.
mufiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 04:40 AM   #9
Kyle_West

I put it there

for help with explanation..Not be this and only this or whatever. Educational purposes. Emo is clearly a fad now, Maddox makes fun of it alot now. Everyone looks the same and the music all sounds the same.....and they're trying to be original or something. I laugh when I see them. But I like the music, I have been called grundge alot so I guess I dont come off as emo.....What ever post some thoughts.

Emo is Awesome (as the real devil Hot topic has a shirt that says)

*edit* I'm not part of this fad, I have liked emo for a long time. Not since hot topic got a hold of it....Also I am not gothic, so dont assume I look like....(hmmm someone really recognizable)....Geoff Rickley from Thursday? Even though they're not emo. eh you get the point.
Old 15-07-2004, 04:56 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie
dude...that site is the devil! lol all guys dress like early november rejects these days...that doesnt make em emo richard
Then I change my mind. It's not like I ever was.
Old 15-07-2004, 05:09 AM   #11
Kyle_West

Emo kids are seen to go hide in a corner and cry all day. Hence, I'm not emo. They put on a cd that sounds somethign like

I wore my heart on my sleeve
so the rain could fill my inside.......Improved Emo Line.
Old 15-07-2004, 07:48 AM   Officer #12
DragonRat
Officer

I like it, how it's the fans who believe they know what emo is. I have yet to really read how musicians believe themselves to be the 'real emo' band, and they play 'real emo' music. Perhaps, by those bands staying indie and underground, those fans find pride in knowing they know something others don't. But they like to spread the message of how good their music is, and once that music turns 'popular', and the band hits big, then suddenly they become 'mainstream', and all of a sudden these bands are never the same again.

Fans are never the best people to please.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 03:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
gracie
Goddess

The thing is bands that are popular aren't emo. Remotely. Early November tbs brand new ataris whatever. They aren't emo. its pop music, alt rock. Emo is over, and these kids who say theyre emo are just ful of shit. They dont even know that theres anything better than Dashboard. They wouldnt like real emo, intentionally discordant, sometimes instrumental its not a guy sitting with a guitar talking about his exgirlfriends. If you played them moss icon, planes mistaken for stars, rites of spring, saetia, i hate myself, theyd hate them. The music is good, the assholes who fake an obsession arent.

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 07:52 PM   #14
Kyle_West

ahhh

Planes Mistaken For Stars, I liked there first cd. I think it was selftitled. But they're deep elm. Triple Fast Action, Red Animal War, Slowride, Burnsoutbright I think is still on deep elm. But yeah, anything on tv, is not emo. Gracie explained it so ill shut it.