What is truly SEXY? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2006, 03:27 AM   #22
dave

I apologize

I apologize.

What I mean to say is that two very important qualities that make a person "sexy" for me are "attractiveness" and "intelligence".

Beyond that, I think it is unfair for people who are only "attractive" or "intelligent" to make jokes about people who may not be as "attractive" or "intelligent" as they, themselves are.

So, a third quality of a "Sexy" person is that they are "compatible" with other people, they are "fun to be around". You feel "safe" in having them as friends, you know they won't criticize you when you aren't there.

So:
1) attractive (different strokes for different folks... What looks good to me might not "rock your boat".)
2) intelligence (I love Chess, and card games, Spades, Hearts, Pinochle, Bridge. It takes some intelligence to beat me. You should be able to beat me occasionally.
3) Friendship (She should like me.)
4) There is a relativistic time-related part of this that is there as well. One time I might look across the room at you and you would be the object of all of the "Sexy" things I've ever desired, and another time you would be just there, and I'd look away, unfulfilled.

So, "availability" is also part of "Sexy". While "Chiana" (i.e. Gigi Edgely) is "Sexy" because she is part of my "Farscape fantasy world", Gigi Edgely, herself, is not as "Sexy"; though as aCliff would say, she is "Attractive". But because I could never know her, she isn't quite "Sexy", merely "Attractive".

I guess those five are all "Real World" based. There is a "suspension of belief" quality which is part of being in "Fantasy Mode".

In "Fantasy Mode", Chiana is Sexy, (and "perhaps" attainable) as are the heroines that Keira (whom I've never met, and probably never will) the heroines that Keira plays in her movie roles.

"Inara" (Morena Baccarin in "Firefly" & "Serenity" ) is Sexy. I attribute qualities to these ladies in my fantasies that make them "Sexy". When I meet them (should I ever meet them,) I must verify (in my mind) whether those qualities actually exist.

So, there is a difference in what makes a person "Sexy" in a fantasy world and in "The Real World". You want proof? Read books. If "Sexy" was the same in the real world as it is in fantasies, then no fictional character could ever be "Sexy". Wonder Woman is not Sexy. Neither is "Emma Peel" of "The Avengers"... Nor are any of "The Bond Women" in any of the forty James Bond Novels...

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#

Last edited by dave; 06-01-2006 at 08:46 PM. Reason: There's more, because I didn't say it as well as I'd hoped.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote