Respect for Keira - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 14-10-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
snoopd_07

Cool Respect for Keira

As I've spent some of my time reading what people write about Keira, or what they want to do with her, or what their dreams were about with her in it, just reminds me of how moronic us fans can be. I admit, yes I have had a dream about her but so what? My way of thinking is that if I get the chance to meet her, I doubt I'll be asking for her autograph or fainting if she waives to me. I would treat her as any other person because she really is. I am studying Performance-Theatre at my college in Wisconsin in the States and so it may be because of my profession to say this. My dream is to be able to work with her in the future sometime. Look at her career; can u have any more respect for someone who makes the decisions of roles that she does? Other than Johnny Depp, I can't think of anyone. She refuses to be type-casted as she easily could be. She goes from a popular stuck-up high school hottie in "The Hole" to a kick-ass former model in "Domino." She truly is a very beautiful woman, and a fan that gropes over her realistically doesn't have a shot with her no matter what they think. Treat her like a normal person and she might listen. I envy the people who post on here mentioning they are friends of hers. Whether they are telling the truth or not, it's still nice to say that. One day I hope to be a friend of hers (I won't deny the fact I wish for more than friends). Honestly, I envy people living with her in the UK, I'd love to go visit someday, seems like an awesome place (excluding the London bombings this last summer, but that's not your fault). Anyway. I just wanted to get a word in because not only am i a huge fan, I have tremendious respect for her and her career...way to go Keira! You rock!
Old 15-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #2
Jasmine

So just because someone is infatuated/obsessed with Keira, it means they doesn't have respect for her?

Broken Actually | MySpace | LiveJournal | DeviantArt
Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
snoopd_07

heck no that's not what I'm saying! I'll admit I'm infatuated with her, I use some of her pics as wallpapers on my computer and have like 6 print-outs of some pics and posted them on my wall as posters. My roomates (flatmates) think I'm obsessed and I think it's funny. I guess all I was saying was that I wouldn't go totally bezerk like some fans do when they see thier celebrity crush; I'd rather be the nice fan that would be able to hang out with her for a day. Of course I bet we all wish that, haha. All I was saying is that i have tremendous respect for her and her career and would love for the opportunity to work with her in the future. She's absolutely amazing.
Old 15-10-2005, 10:02 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

You people worry me with this "respect" malarkey. I don't really think she gives a crap as to whether we respect her or not. It's like all the fuss over the Esquire nipple shoot and everyone saying "I thought Keira didn't like photos like that" or "I never thought Keira would do something like that". People, people, people. You don't know Keira, I don't know Keira, and obsessive fan-dom like that is slightly worrying. Don't deify her and turn her into some pure virginal goddess figure; that sort of thinking breeds stalkers.

Now infatuation because she's one fine piece of eye candy is a whole different story
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
Timmy

I now have something in common with hazzle

we both have common sense

what hazzle said
Old 15-10-2005, 11:06 AM   Senior Registered Member #6
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Good for you snoopd_07. I just found her hot, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #7
snoopd_07

Hey Hazzle---nice comments, I kinda agree with ya. Have u ever seen her Jay Leno appearances, especially the last one this past week? This girl loves talkin about her cleavage (or how she jokes of the lack thereof) and doesn't mind at all to show her breasts. She won't show other areas however. Plus...the girl loves to drink! She always makes good point, I'm the same age as her and yet we STILL can't legally drink here in the States, you people over there are lucky....I can't even have a glass of wine with my meal because I'm not 21 yet!!! How awful is that!
Old 15-10-2005, 05:17 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #8
Foeni

That's just ridicolous. In Denmark you can buy liqour everywhere when you are 16. At restaurants you need to be 18, though. Stupid rule. Logically it should be the other way round. On topic, Hazzle is right. She's just a normal (good looking) girl who's talent is acting. Everybody has a talent.
Old 17-10-2005, 11:16 PM   #9
Jasmine

Why do I still find something silghtly irritating about this thread? I don't know, it just seems kind of.... pointless.

It's like: okay, yeah you love keira. but so do we or we wouldnt be here. i dont know, it just sort of came off as you trying to tell us you're a better fan than us because you respect her and we dont--which is completely bullshit.

Old 18-10-2005, 07:53 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine
It's like: okay, yeah you love keira. but so do we or we wouldnt be here.
Read this and weep. Please, we don't need the same arguments here.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2005, 02:25 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
You people worry me with this "respect" malarkey. I don't really think she gives a crap as to whether we respect her or not. It's like all the fuss over the Esquire nipple shoot and everyone saying "I thought Keira didn't like photos like that" or "I never thought Keira would do something like that". People, people, people. You don't know Keira, I don't know Keira, and obsessive fan-dom like that is slightly worrying. Don't deify her and turn her into some pure virginal goddess figure; that sort of thinking breeds stalkers.

Now infatuation because she's one fine piece of eye candy is a whole different story
where are these photos?
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #12
Jasmine

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
Read this and weep. Please, we don't need the same arguments here.
So history does repeat itself.

Old 18-10-2005, 02:45 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
where are these photos?
This month's Esquire magazine.
Old 18-10-2005, 05:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopd_07
She truly is a very beautiful woman, and a fan that gropes over her realistically doesn't have a shot with her no matter what they think. Treat her like a normal person and she might listen.
Okay, the chances of this happening are extremely slim. If I were famous and a fan came up to me and talked and didn't ask for an autograph I would probably think nothing of it. I wouldn't be attracted to that fan just because of that. Here's my theory:

1) If you bump into Keira [or anyone famous, really] on the street and get a chance to say "hi" and nothing more than the two seconds of dialoge thereafter, ask for an autograph. You're never going to see this person again, no relationship is going to be formed, why not get their John Handcock? At least you can prove to people you met them, and then sell it on ebay to someone like Frodo1511 for a ridiculous profit.

2)If you're in a situation where you could bump into the celebrity multiple times, and then you get a chance to actually chat with this person, obviously you're not going to act like a fangirl. Try to be their friend. And then hopefully more than that, then you videotape the hankey dance and sell it again on ebay to people like Frodo1511, and Hazzle. Make sure you film it with the nightvision lens, that genre is growing fast.

3)If you're in the film industry and you get a chance to meet her, obviously you're going to be normal about it. You're expected to be professional, and there's a better chance you'll be seeing this person often. If you're part of the set crew or whatever.
Old 28-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #15
Shono
Newcomer

I agree with snoopd_07
Keira just Angel
she couldn't have anything common with mundane, she is heaven being
Аnd for me having sex with Keira would be vandal act to beauty
It's like paedophile for nice children
May be I exaggerate, but there are some kind of people, that you never represent like women as object of sexual desire, and Keira concern in it
She is just Angel

And I'm too wish to meet her in far, far, far, far, far future... because I'm situated so far, far, far, far, far, far from her........
Shono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #16
jeff--

People think I'm obsessed with her just because I have 1,001 pictures of her saved on my computer...

But seriously, one of the reasons I like her so much is because she is so down to earth. It's like I think she's a goddess and she doesn't think that. Just because I am very... enthusiastic about her doesn't mean I don't respect her.