Orlando Bloom - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls

Keira Girls A board exclusively for our female members to call home!

Old 13-07-2004, 07:17 PM   #21
Kyle_West

hmmm

I know Im not one of "Keira's Girls" but I am taking the liberty of posting here what I think of Orlando Bloom. I think he is a shitty actor. Every role he has been in he has over acted. In the lord of the rings trilogy his Legolas wasn't noticable bad in the first movie because he wasn't even close to the main focus. But in the other two movies I wanted to slap him. He always puts that serious face on and embarasses himself. Which you'll see what I am talking about in Pirates of the Caribbean. Only scene I believed he was Will Turner was when they were on the boat looking at their new crew. Other than that a wooden board with a face painted on it would be better at the part. Troy......Troy blew so excluding Eric Bana everyone in that movie sucked ass.
Old 13-07-2004, 11:13 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
DefyingGravity

He does tend to be overly dramatic. "THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!!!!" But, as it's been said before, he IS still young, so he can learn.
Old 14-07-2004, 08:58 PM   Officer #23
Julespaxton
Officer

He is a horrid little girl. He shouuld be beaten into submission and never allowed to appear on the silver screen again. if you disagree, i dont give a flying fuck. have a happy day! Oh, and orlando bloom looks like a wet linsay.
Julespaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 09:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
gracie
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julespaxton
Oh, and orlando bloom looks like a wet linsay.
what pray tell is that?

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 09:59 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #25
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I think he looks like a rabbit, and although I don't mind him, I'm not totally impressed with his acting.

I don't really care about him actually. I only like him and Kate Bosworth together.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 01:07 AM   Officer #26
Julespaxton
Officer

basically a total twat.
Old 15-07-2004, 02:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #27
gracie
Goddess

is that from a book? with a green cover shit. its got this girl in a plaid skirt on the cover. like a journal type book? sex god? something?

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Old 15-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #28
ChocolateMoose

I don't think Orlando can act that well, poor bloke. In LOTR his only facial expression was a look of concern, and (did anyone else notice) every line he said was stating the obvious...for example...

"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" - where else would they go?
"You look terrible" (to Aragorn) - we can see that, he's just been down a cliff
"A diversion" - when Aragorn had basically fully discribed what a 'diversion' is
"This forest is old" - big trees = old wood, weeny tress = young wood, therefore, we know!
"The Ring must be destroyed" - um...duh!
"We must go. We cannot linger" - When in potential mortal danger....yes, that would be a good idea...
"The horses are restless...and the men are quiet." - I'm sure Eomer has eyes and ears and can see/hear for himself, lol.

Has anyone seen Ned Kelly?! Its not all that good, though I think it might be if you know the story to start with. Orlando's accent is bad (he has an Irish accent) and he moves after he dies, haha! And in Troy he was totally eclipsed by Eric and Sean who were brilliant!

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 04:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #29
gracie
Goddess

well blame pj fran walsh and phillipa boyd for the lines. the delivery is all orlandos though

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Old 17-07-2004, 02:44 AM   #30
alby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateMoose
I don't think Orlando can act that well, poor bloke. In LOTR his only facial expression was a look of concern, and (did anyone else notice) every line he said was stating the obvious...for example...

"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" - where else would they go?
"You look terrible" (to Aragorn) - we can see that, he's just been down a cliff
"A diversion" - when Aragorn had basically fully discribed what a 'diversion' is
"This forest is old" - big trees = old wood, weeny tress = young wood, therefore, we know!
"The Ring must be destroyed" - um...duh!
"We must go. We cannot linger" - When in potential mortal danger....yes, that would be a good idea...
"The horses are restless...and the men are quiet." - I'm sure Eomer has eyes and ears and can see/hear for himself, lol.

Has anyone seen Ned Kelly?! Its not all that good, though I think it might be if you know the story to start with. Orlando's accent is bad (he has an Irish accent) and he moves after he dies, haha! And in Troy he was totally eclipsed by Eric and Sean who were brilliant!
You can't blame Bloom for those stating-the-obvious-remarks because he doesn't have control of what to say. The screenwriters, director, producers, etc. have that power. Famous actors could possibly have some influence, but Bloom was relatively unknown at the time so it would have been difficult for him.

I don't see how Bloom could have said those bad lines any better. As for his acting, it's not great or bad either. Perhaps, he'll improve. Who knows.

Sorry, I'll try not to intrude.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 04:00 AM   Officer #31
Julespaxton
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie
is that from a book? with a green cover shit. its got this girl in a plaid skirt on the cover. like a journal type book? sex god? something?

haha yes, georgia nicholson. dancing in my nundie pants, so im now the girlfirnd of a sex god, angus thongs and full frontal snogging etc.
Old 17-07-2004, 07:24 AM   #32
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

ah yes ive got that book
Old 17-07-2004, 09:22 AM   #33
ChocolateMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I don't see how Bloom could have said those bad lines any better. As for his acting, it's not great or bad either. Perhaps, he'll improve. Who knows.
Yeah, I know. Blame the script writers! I don't think his acting is bad, just that next to some of the other actors I didn't think it was all that good. But it was his first role, so you know...have to forgive him and look out for his next film.

VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
Old 01-08-2004, 02:37 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
gracie
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julespaxton
haha yes, georgia nicholson. dancing in my nundie pants, so im now the girlfirnd of a sex god, angus thongs and full frontal snogging etc.
yeah i found it on the floor of the girls locker room during my calc final, highly amused by what i read.

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Old 04-09-2004, 09:08 PM   #35
*Surfer_Dudes_Rok*
Newcomer

Talking

I think he's ace i don't know why people give him so much stick....he has probably worked real hard to get where he is and to be in good film like LOTR which was fab! Sure he might not be upto Jonny Depps standard but give the poor guy a chance and anyway he will be richer than any of us so who are we to judge him when soon he will probably be a millionaire....and look how many fans he does have (mainly girl's i know but hey....i'm one of them) he's hott but yeh he can improve and i wish him all the luck in the world....go get 'em tiger! Raaaa!!!!
*Surfer_Dudes_Rok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:11 PM   Officer #36
Julespaxton
Officer

i think that people only find them attractive beacuse the'yre secretly lesbians. and the gay men that love him are secretly straight.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:46 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #37
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I guess I can add a few lines here since I used to be obsessed for a short period of time. It might also add to my obsession with Cliff.

The only thing really great about him for ME, was that he's just a ball of charm. It's that British thing, that if your already British, then he's nothing special.

He's handsome, has got a hot accent, and the *potential* to be an ok actor. It's almost a shame that he's actually been through acting school and isn't good already. But hopefully within a few years, it'll improve.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:30 PM   #38
ChocolateMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
The only thing really great about him for ME, was that he's just a ball of charm. It's that British thing, that if your already British, then he's nothing special.
Whats this "British thing" that people always go on about? Is it the accent, the attitude, the look...???? Or am I the only one who dosn't know?

Old 06-09-2004, 03:37 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #39
Leonie
Elle

It's the fact that he's nicked Cliffy's middle class accent
Leonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:49 PM   #40
ChocolateMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
It's the fact that he's nicked Cliffy's middle class accent
Its an accent from North London. Its taught in acting schools as recieved pronounciation (RP). Like Patrick Stewart who is from Sheffield but lost his accent at drama school. Same with Peter O'Toole (who is from Ireland). Its the 'posh' accent that all British baddies have in films, lol. Its probably his normal accent anyway, he hasn't nicked it. Lots of people have that accent naturally.