High oil prices - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 12:00 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #21
Liam
Bogan Elite

Bloody hell? You drive a Commodore or Falcon?

I put $36 in my little Mirage and it lasts me all week for 5 x 100km runs down the freeway.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:28 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #22
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

People are finally pissed off at our oil man president.
Yesterday I heard screams of hate because the gas prices have reached
record high prices. Mr bush better watch out
regular gas 4.59 gallon and I paid 4.89 a gallon to fill my car with super unleaded
Old 01-09-2005, 12:43 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #23
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman
People are finally pissed off at our oil man president.
Yesterday I heard screams of hate because the gas prices have reached
record high prices. Mr bush better watch out
regular gas 4.59 gallon and I paid 4.89 a gallon to fill my car with super unleaded
Haha! Because I voted for Bush, I was allowed to fill my car up with premium for $2.99 last night. Silly democrat!
Seriously, this price spike has nothing to do with our "oil man" president. It has more to do with unscrupulous station owners seeing an opportunity. At one station in Atlanta, yesterday, a station was charging $6.09 a gallon. Here in Florida, gas companies have to show a cost increase for increasing prices during any sort of crisis or the state (run by our "oil man's" brother, I might add) fines the heavily.
I can remember paying $0.89 a gallon when I was in college. :err:
Old 01-09-2005, 12:56 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Brad where I live is a die hard Republican stronghold. Even my dad
Is a strong Bush supporter and he is cursing Bush. I agree the prez
has limited control over gas prices, but I don't see him doing anything
about it. People are blaming him around here. I saw a taxi driver with
a tear in his eye while gassing up yesterday. Alot of people
are gonna have a hard time just to make a living.
What this all adds up to in my opinion is
President Hillary Clinton in 2008.
How does that grab you brad?
Old 01-09-2005, 01:10 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #25
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Brad where I live is a die hard Republican stronghold. Even my dad
Is a strong Bush supporter and he is cursing Bush. I agree the prez
has limited control over gas prices, but I don't see him doing anything
about it. People are blaming him around here. I saw a taxi driver with
a tear in his eye while gassing up yesterday. Alot of people
are gonna have a hard time just to make a living.
What this all adds up to in my opinion is
President Hillary Clinton in 2008.
How does that grab you brad?
Sounds like four more years of Republicans.
What can he do? He's releasing oil from the federal reserves to help fend off a supply crisis. If the tree-hugging, non-crying cheese eating dirtbag hippie environuts would stop fighting more refineries and drilling, we wouldn't have this dependency problem. Pissed off at high gas prices? Punch a hippie and take his hacky sack.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:18 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #26
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Hippies? what decade are you in?
There are no hippies around here.
Blame goes to the man in charge
and that's your boy George Bush
Someone should kick him in the nads
and wake him up
Old 01-09-2005, 02:34 PM   Senior Registered Member #27
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I heard on the BBC a while back about some South Eastern country which was supplying the oil via their government-owned companies thus making it cheaper or something... They made the economy balance up somewhere else but I can't remember...

Note: Prices at 1.20-1.30 w00t...

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 01-09-2005, 02:35 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Hippies? what decade are you in?
There are no hippies around here.
Blame goes to the man in charge
and that's your boy George Bush
Someone should kick him in the nads
and wake him up
Hippies transcend the times. I'm sure you've got move on bookmarked. It's all your leftist enviroweenies that won't let us drill for oil...on land that was set aside for drilling for oil!
Dirty hippie!
I hit your hacky sack into the river with my favorite wedge.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:52 PM   Officer #29
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

lol, as if you have anything to complain about, the Energy is f*g cheap in the USA.
We pay 7,956 US dollar for 1gallon Petrol.
It's not for nothing the USA is the second biggest poluter of the world.
Luckily Bush finally stopped denying *global warming*
Things like Cathrina will happen more and more, the way energy is used in your country will have to change anyway. The only way to make that clear to the people is by higher energy prices. otherwise the people won't change there consumptions habits.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:54 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #30
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Global warming has nothing to do with Katrina, despite what Robert Kennedy, Jr. has to say about it.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:11 PM   Officer #31
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

Naive
Old 02-09-2005, 02:00 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #32
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I hit your hacky sack into the river with my favorite wedge. [/quote]

Come get me, I'll snatch that wedge of yours

and you'll be a wedgeless goofy golfer

in funny looking pants
Old 02-09-2005, 06:06 AM   Senior Registered Member #33
Spire
InSpire Me

Have you ever sucked dick for gas? Come back and talk to me after you have, otherwise dont whine about high gas prices.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:55 AM   Senior Registered Member #34
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Bloody hell? You drive a Commodore or Falcon?

I put $36 in my little Mirage and it lasts me all week for 5 x 100km runs down the freeway.
I drive a Falcon.
But since I'm still at school, I'm not driving around very much since it's just as quick for me to walk there, so a full tank of petrol lasts me about 3 to 4 weeks at the moment.
It's going to change next year though, when I'm at Uni/TAFE/work
Old 02-09-2005, 07:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #35
Ashley

It's $3.00 here, but thankfully I only drive about 2 times a week. Thank god for busses.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:03 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #36
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Naive
"There is absolutely no empirical evidence. The people who have a bias in favor of the argument that humans are making the globe warmer will push any data that suggests that humans are making hurricanes worse, but it just isn't so," said William Gray, a Colorado State University meteorologist who is considered one of the fathers of modern tropical cyclone science and who sharply questions Emanuel's conclusions.

"A lot of my colleagues who have been around a long time are very skeptical of this idea that global warming is leading to more frequent or intense storms," Gray said. "In the Atlantic, there has been a change recently, sure. But if you go back to the 1930s, you see a lot of storms again. These are natural cycles, not related to changes in global temperature. I can't say there is no human signal there, but it's minute."

"It's a terrible paper, one of the worst I've ever looked at," said Gray

Shaky data and a lack of empirical evidence (due mostly to small data samples) seems to plague your arguments at every turn.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:55 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #37
Digital_Ice

argh, petrol is about to hit £1 a litre here, in the wake of the hurricane... thats bloody expensive...
Old 02-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #38
AureaMediocritas

90 Euro Cents per Liter .
I live in Paradise hrhr. It´s delicious to read in the newspaper that the whole
world is whining and complaining about oil whereas my venerable country is
relatively unaffected by the Black Gold shortages.

Cheers !
Old 02-09-2005, 07:06 PM   Officer #39
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
"There is absolutely no empirical evidence. The people who have a bias in favor of the argument that humans are making the globe warmer will push any data that suggests that humans are making hurricanes worse, but it just isn't so," said William Gray, a Colorado State University meteorologist who is considered one of the fathers of modern tropical cyclone science and who sharply questions Emanuel's conclusions.

"A lot of my colleagues who have been around a long time are very skeptical of this idea that global warming is leading to more frequent or intense storms," Gray said. "In the Atlantic, there has been a change recently, sure. But if you go back to the 1930s, you see a lot of storms again. These are natural cycles, not related to changes in global temperature. I can't say there is no human signal there, but it's minute."

"It's a terrible paper, one of the worst I've ever looked at," said Gray

Shaky data and a lack of empirical evidence (due mostly to small data samples) seems to plague your arguments at every turn.
It's Naive to follow one scientist’s opinion with closed eyes, there are enough others who do believe that it has an influence on it.
They are maybe correct on the fact that nobody can actually prove black on white that global warming has an influence on it, but they can’t prove that it has not and influence on it either.
I rather believe it does have an influence on it, because the things that "would" cause global warming are bad for people, and the environment anyway.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:16 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #40
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
It's Naive to follow one scientist’s opinion with closed eyes, there are enough others who do believe that it has an influence on it.
They are maybe correct on the fact that nobody can actually prove black on white that global warming has an influence on it, but they can’t prove that it has not and influence on it either.
I rather believe it does have an influence on it, because the things that "would" cause global warming are bad for people, and the environment anyway.
There are plenty of scientists that say the same thing. I used Dr. Gray as an example because he is recognized as the foremost in this field. So much of what the theory of global warming is based on happens to the Earth's atmosphere naturally, in cycles.
I don't doubt man's effect on the environment. We've polluted rivers, lakes and oceans. We're filling up landfills with garbage that will be around long after we're gone. I fully support the use of cleaner burning fuels. I'd love nothing more than to see us start using Ethanol on a large scale. I detest government interference, but if Congress decided to lift anti-trust laws for a week, get all of the oil companies together and say "you will produce ethanol, figure it out so that you can still turn a profit", I'd be all for it.
However, I also understand that there is a tremendous amount of political pressure from groups whose aim aren't necessarily a cleaner environment pushing much of this "science". And, there's plenty of pressure from entities that say we have no effect on the environment on the other side of the fence. I fall somewhere in the middle.
Politicizing the incredible tragedy that has taken place along our Gulf coast the way Robert Kennedy, Jr. did is a classless, utterly reprehensible act. And, it's precisely this sort of shrill, political rhetoric that will cost the Democrats the presidency in 2008.
Closed Thread