My Friend Narg - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > The Hole

The Hole Where classic, keepsake threads go to die.

Old 15-07-2005, 07:32 PM   Senior Registered Member #21
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Narg was an amazing guy. The very few times I would go to Irc, he was the only one who really treated me as a friend. This is horrible news, I hope he and his brother rest in peace.

The .mov clip of Narg was probably one of my favorite things I've ever seen on the KKW site, I don't know what it is about it, it's just great. I think it captures his personality. Rest in peace, Narg.
Old 15-07-2005, 07:37 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
Richard
Dated

My condolences to his family and friends. It's a real tragedy and a great loss to the Wavefront community. I'm happy to have had the pleasure of knowing Narg, as little as that may have been. Regardless, goodbye old friend. May you rest in peace.
Old 15-07-2005, 09:23 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #23
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser_so_so
He had a great sense of humour and as far as I can remember was always careful to not offend people. As everyone else has said, he'll be sorely missed and my thoughts are with his family and friends.
Haha, you joker, careful not to offend people? Narg?
His gritty sense of humour is one of the things that I will miss...
RIP
Old 15-07-2005, 09:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Not to offend anyone or anything, but has a member of KKW ever passed away that you know about, besides Narg?

Honestly, this is the first time I knew someone via the internet that has passed away, and you know what? It's actually very sad. I mean, I never really knew him per se, but everything that he did and said was a good contribution to the forums.
Old 15-07-2005, 09:48 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #25
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Haha, you joker, careful not to offend people? Narg?
His gritty sense of humour is one of the things that I will miss...
RIP
He was kind of like Don Rickles, he could skewer you and make you laugh instead of getting all hurt and pissy.
Old 16-07-2005, 12:28 AM   Officer #26
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Quote:
Honestly, this is the first time I knew someone via the internet that has passed away, and you know what? It's actually very sad. I mean, I never really knew him per se, but everything that he did and said was a good contribution to the forums.
Actually, I had a friend pass away from cancer just a few months ago and, needless to say, the fact that he was (by outside definition) labeled an "Internet friend" did not make his passing any easier or any less tragic to me.

This is a very sad day. My thoughts and prayers are with Brendon's family through this very difficult time. He will be missed terribly ... he was a very unique individual and, like Spire said, this board is going to suck all the more without him.
Old 16-07-2005, 03:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #27
Scott

RIP

I found a movie Narg uploaded a few months back on my computer. It's the one where they are driving the car with the McDonald's trays. I don't have any webspace, but I could email it if anyone wants it.
Old 16-07-2005, 08:52 AM   #28
Bait

Narg died? :\ he was one of the first people i talked to in irc besides glare...and jet of course :P

sad he died. i liked talking to him about cars (he was very fond of his silvia) and just random stuff especially about australia and how i was going to visit him and jet. He was very funny especially with his sound clips he made mocking people.

i had them saved at one point but i guess i deleted the files. i remember the one where he talked "texan" like spire and others... made irc fun. didnt he have his files on his own website...if anyone remembers what it was? they were from a year ago though so i dont know if he kept them up.
Old 16-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #29
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Does anyone have the sound samples he made???, the funny things he recorded.
he sent me a recording of his impersonation of an asian fob. the sound clip's on my old comp though (i hope so, at least) but the hard-drive's been removed so i can't access it yet.
Old 16-07-2005, 12:44 PM   #30
Kittah

I've only just joined, but I used to peruse the threads that appeared on the main page and Narg is a name I remember. Sad to hear of his departure, even if I never knew him. Much respect to a Silvia owner and name I recognise from a forum I rarely visit regardless.

Old 16-07-2005, 12:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #31
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Brief correction, wasn't the white Silvia his mates and the maroon Laser his?

Btw to FlightFreak's post..., "Kkw is cool except for Jet he's a toolbox", that was hilarious... *sigh* If anyone finds it, I'd like it as well.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 16-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #32
RIP Narg

I'm still in shock

Ashlyn told me the news last night and at first I didn't believe her. I thought it might be like, a metaphorical thing, when people say stuff like "the phone line is dead" or something. And then I thought it was a sick joke.

Yes, it's Haz, but I trust people can see from the screen name that this is a one-time-only thing. I also hope people don't mind that I felt the need to pay my respects, since, believe it or not, I was quite upset to hear the news. I was gutted, and I had to express my feelings. I hope also that Brendon's friends would like to see lots of people who knew him on here to express how they felt about him and I hope it in some way eases their loss to hear in what a high regard he was held here.

Whilst myself and Brendon, as many here know, didn't always see eye to eye, I always thought a lot of his piss-taking was just about having a laugh. The one thing you could say about a Narg put-down was that instead of making you angry and want to retaliate I often had to stand back and admire just how good he was at them. Even if we weren't the best of friends I do hope there was mutual respect. I can't speak for him, but I know I respected him and I think both KKW and more importantly, the world, are much sadder, emptier places without him.

He was the life and soul of this place at times, and I'm sure that reflected his presence in his circle of friends too. I'm sure he leaves behind a lot of people who'll be missing him terribly right now, but I'm sure he also leaves them all some wonderful memories.

A true character, and a man that will be sorely missed by all.

RIP Brendon. I hope that wherever you are you're drinking a beer and taking the piss out of us all still. Go on, I'll even let you get in a cheap shot at me .

Old 16-07-2005, 04:40 PM   #33
child of the revolution
Newcomer

Hi, I'm pretty new, so I did never got to know Narg, but I thought I still wanted to show my respect so: RIP Narg, to family and friends: I'm sorry for your lost.
Old 16-07-2005, 05:14 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #34
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Honestly, my worst fear was that something like this from KKW would happen, but none of us would hear about it. Thank God someone let us know. If his family happens to run across this, I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I can't begin to imagine the hardship you're facing.

There are some mp3's floating around with Narg and I from TeamSpeak. They should get posted soon.
Old 16-07-2005, 05:32 PM   #35
RIP Narg

Yeah, I think I have an MP3 from Narg somewhere. And that sample he did on Pieter's mate's band's song. I think it's on my other computer, because I can't find it here, but if I locate it, as I told Pieter, I'll put it up.

I also suggested to Pieter it might be nice if some of Brendon's mates from here like himself, Liam, Parox, Jet etc got together to make a proper condolences webpage with some stuff in tribute. Clips, pictures, people's funny stories, just anything that reminds people of Brendon. Just so that we never forget.

I think he'd quite like that. Also, as I said to Pieter, I'm sure wherever he is he's having a beer, looking down at us all rather upset at his passing and thinking "Fags!". Hehe, at least that's the Narg I remember.

I must confess I regret never letting him know that I respected and liked him, or getting to know him better. What I did know I can say I did like. An honest upstanding bloke, and the world could do with more of those.

If I find any clips, I'll be back to put them up, if not, adios.

Peace be with you Brendon.

Old 16-07-2005, 10:36 PM   #36
meegaan1

Wow...Rest in peace Narg, I didn't talk to you, but your posts were awesome...My condolences and sympathies to his family and friends.
Old 17-07-2005, 01:03 PM   Senior Registered Member #37
PhoeniX

I didn't really know Narg, but what I did know of him I liked, he was a funny guy and I will miss him.
Old 17-07-2005, 05:33 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #38
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Piete, you're more than welcome to post up the stuff I sent you.
Old 19-07-2005, 12:57 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #39
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Friday night, at my Birthday party I made about 10 toast to Narg's name.
Then I had 3 encounters in which I yelled "This one's for you Narg".
One thing for sure people will be asking for years to come
Who or What is a Narg

I'm sure your off to a far better place my friend.
Old 19-07-2005, 06:50 PM   First Class Member Officer #40
Sarah
Nice

I've only just noticed this thread.

I honestly can't believe he's dead. It's awful. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. What if no one had known he posted here? We might never have known...!