4/20 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-2005, 02:37 AM   Officer #1
DragonRat
Officer
 
DragonRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: California
Posts: 507
4/20

Yeah, I know for most of you, this day has passed, but I'd like to give a shout out to my favorite drug in the world.

Thanks marijuana. You're a great friend. Happy birthday.

Now it's time for me to smoke up a bowl.
__________________
"I like refried beans. That's why I want to try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good, and we're just wasting time." - Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 05:22 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
Ashley
Senior Member
 
Ashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 594
Agreed sir, agreed.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 05:38 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #3
Kelsey
Holly Moderator
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 1,188
My friend died this morning. 4/20. I no longer associate this day with weed. Not that I ever did. In past years, it just gave me an excuse to ditch school.
__________________
~* Kelsey *~

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 05:39 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
Scott
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 320
I fought temptation...and won
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 06:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Ashley
Senior Member
 
Ashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 594
My niece was born today... and I didn't smoke.
However, if the little one wouldn't have been born... I would have more than likely.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 06:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #6
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
4/20 = 1/5
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 10:55 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Ranman
KKW's Therapist
 
Ranman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Traveling the world
Posts: 2,064
Yeah yeah nice math

Now pass the Joint over dude
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 11:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #8
frodo1511
Pin Dick
 
frodo1511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,400
I think it was Hitler's B-day yesterday to... where's the love?
__________________
Believe...
frodo1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 11:47 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Ranman
KKW's Therapist
 
Ranman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Traveling the world
Posts: 2,064
Bend over in front of the new Pope

You may find the love your looking for
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 04:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
Ashley
Senior Member
 
Ashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 594
You know, I usually don't get real bent out of shape about posts because it's just useless. But seriously Ranman, watch what you say.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 06:34 PM   Officer #11
DragonRat
Officer
 
DragonRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: California
Posts: 507
I really don't see how 4/20 has anything to do with the Pope.

Sorry, Kels, about your friend.

I've heard either that 4/20 is (1) Hitler's birthday or (2) the birthday of the guy who invented LSD. In either case, it's strange how one would celebrate either of those birthdays with marijuana. But, whatever, it gives me a reason.

"Pass the dutchie on the left hand side..."
__________________
"I like refried beans. That's why I want to try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good, and we're just wasting time." - Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 06:39 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Actually, it is supposed to be based on LAPD code for a drug arrest...420. I say supposed to be, because that is actually just an urban legend. I can't remember exactly what the number they use is, but it isn't 420.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 07:13 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #13
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
420 is not used, ever, however "420 PC" is "Preventing entry onto Public property"

actual weed codes
11359 H&S Possesion of MJ for Sales
11360(A)H&S Sales of MJ
11357(B)H&S Possesion of less than 1 oz of MJ

Heres some ideas for you

There are 420 chemical components in marijuana - that one is bollocks, theres about 315 active chemicals in marijuana depending on which plant is used
420 is the fireman's code for "stop, drop and roll" (as in a joint) - thats probably about as true as the police code idea
4/20 is bob marlys bithday - now that is crap - his birthday is February 6th
4:20 is a code for a type of marijuana called hydro when used digitially it comes out to H20 (the 4 being an upside-down H) - eh??
Dr. Albert Hoffman's Lab note entry describing his experience with the newly discovered LSD-25 was entered into his Lab book at 4:20 - ok...
420 may also come from Bob Dylan's Rainy Day Woman #12 and 35. The "everybody must get stoned song." 12 X 35 = 420 - wow, tenuous
In Amsterdam, at 4:20 pm everyday (during the work week) the bells go off and everyone who wants to use it, goes out for a SMOKE break - maybe??
4/20 is the aniversary of the columbine disaster - yeah but the term was used long before then



who knows....


edit: wow, how obscure: "avril lavigne also means 420 in french" - hang on, no it doesnt

edit (again):

i just found this, maybe just as much bollocks as the other ideas

Quote:
According to Steven Hager, editor of High Times, the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation. While our teens feel that they know something we don't, you can let them in on the fact that it was your generation that came up with the numbers.

A quote from one of the Waldos in the High Times article states, "We did discover we could talk about getting high in front of our parents without them knowing by using the phrase 420." Fortunately, your teenagers will not have that same option.
edit (last one, i promise): http://www.420.com
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2005, 05:45 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #14
Kelsey
Holly Moderator
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
My niece was born today....
Aww, congratulations. What's her name?
__________________
~* Kelsey *~

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2005, 08:26 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #15
Liam
Bogan Elite
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
In Amsterdam, at 4:20 pm everyday (during the work week) the bells go off and everyone who wants to use it, goes out for a SMOKE break - maybe??
No, unless you are talking about a different Amsterdam. Any time I have been in Amsterdam, the time of day doesn't seem to make any difference
__________________
The greatest delight is to mark one's enemy, prepare everything, avenge oneself thoroughly, and then go to sleep.
-Stalin
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2005, 09:55 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
Ashley
Senior Member
 
Ashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
Aww, congratulations. What's her name?
Ellenor. Ellie or Ella for short.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2005, 10:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
Jacoby
'The Flapper'
 
Jacoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
Ellenor. Ellie or Ella for short.
Rigby!? OMG THAT WOULD ROCK IS SHE WAS ELLENOR RIGBY lolOLOLOLloloL
...Ahem. Ella is not a bad name at all.

As for pot. I dislike pot. It's not my style. I'm more about Substance-D. Slow Death, baby. Reeeeal slow, if ya know what I mean.
__________________
I'm only here to remind Brad to take his protein pills daily.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 01:00 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #18
Kelsey
Holly Moderator
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 1,188
That's really cute, Ashley. Congratulations again
__________________
~* Kelsey *~

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 07:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
Ashley
Senior Member
 
Ashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Rigby!? OMG THAT WOULD ROCK IS SHE WAS ELLENOR RIGBY lolOLOLOLloloL
...Ahem. Ella is not a bad name at all.
I tend to come up with my own nicknames for my nieces and nephews so... maybe I'll just call her Rigby.

Thank you Kelsey. She's a pleasure to have in the family.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.