Global Warming - Fact or Fiction? - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-01-2005, 10:57 PM   Officer #21
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
Why should we need prove?
The way we are exploiting the planet now does not only has a bad affect on our planet, but also on everything that lives on it!
So why do we need to prove that we are fasten up the "global warming of the earth", why?
There are alternatives!

There is nothing going to change as long as there are a few multinationals that control our whole economy.
There is nothing going to change if we keep choosing for huge profits instead of an economy based on a healthy way of exploiting the planet.
__________________
....-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.....
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 02:43 AM   #22
bob
Member
 
bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 240
well provided it doesn't affect me too much during my lifetime... i'm gonna be selfish and declare that i don't care enough.

wait for our non-renewable resources to run out and then let's see what happens, shall we? the united arab emirates' days are numbered.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 03:54 AM   Senior Registered Member #23
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
They'll probably find some useful environmentally way of using sand. Man those buggers are going to be rich for a long long time
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #24
qzx00
Member
 
qzx00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 73
I could use some global warming out here in Vegas, it's cold as hell right now. It's currently 43 degrees, which is about 43 degrees too cold. It snowed last week in Vegas.....IN LAS VEGAS!!! It's too damn cold.
qzx00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 09:55 AM   Officer #25
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
well provided it doesn't affect me too much during my lifetime... i'm gonna be selfish and declare that i don't care enough.
You will think other wise if someone from your family, or maybe your own children die from cancer, or another sickness because of the pollution!

Well, the only thing you actually need to do is say that you want something to change!
That isn’t that much of an effort is it?
But if everybody says; “I don’t care as long as it doesn’t affect me” (what a very naïve thing to say btw.) then nothing is going to change, is it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
wait for our non-renewable resources to run out and then let's see what happens, shall we? the united arab emirates' days are numbered.
True. But why wait and take the risk of destroying more than we already have? The alternatives exist, but the system rather makes a lot of money instead of a bit less profit and a less aggressive way of exploiting the planet.
__________________
....-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.....
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 03:36 AM   #26
bob
Member
 
bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 240
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
well provided it doesn't affect me too much during my lifetime... i'm gonna be selfish and declare that i don't care enough.
You will think other wise if someone from your family, or maybe your own children die from cancer, or another sickness because of the pollution!

Well, the only thing you actually need to do is say that you want something to change!
That isn’t that much of an effort is it?
But if everybody says; “I don’t care as long as it doesn’t affect me” (what a very naïve thing to say btw.) then nothing is going to change, is it?
i don't think i'll be complaining too much once i'm dead.

plus i wasn't being serious. at all. i have opinions on the matter, i just prefer to save them for real conversations. deviljet picked up on the humour.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 09:03 AM   Officer #27
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
Well, maybe he did, but the thing he said wasn’t stupid: sand (silisium) is the main substance for solar cells.
Pity you were not serious, some people without an opinion could be convinced by your arguments.
__________________
....-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.....
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #28
bob
Member
 
bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 240
but i didn't put forth any arguments... and if people were convinced to think as i suggested then they're silly
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 01:05 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #29
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree
 
barrington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 1,121
To turn the question on it's head, put it this way: Do you really think that a century of industrialised society, now totalling about 6 billion people, is NOT warming the planet?

All activities generate heat, that's one of the tenets of thermodynamics - replicate over the planet's population and there's a big heating effect. I don't see why anyone would dispute this.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 03:40 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #30
apoggy
Mmm Marmite
 
apoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 1,274
you are forgetting badger depreciation
__________________
If this was school I would be expelled for poor attendance.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 10:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #31
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
To turn the question on it's head, put it this way: Do you really think that a century of industrialised society, now totalling about 6 billion people, is NOT warming the planet?

All activities generate heat, that's one of the tenets of thermodynamics - replicate over the planet's population and there's a big heating effect. I don't see why anyone would dispute this.
So instead of making protests and causing activity and therefore heat, environmentalists should just go and sit down in their chairs, and reeeeeeelaaaaax.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 12:40 PM   Officer #32
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
Special Reports On Key Topics In Science And Technology
Humans cause global warming, US admits
World Bank, Pentagon: global warming red alert

Do some of you really need to have a tsunami in your backyard before you start to realise that we can’t go on like this?!
The economy needs to be adjusted in function of the planet and humanity.
__________________
....-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.....
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 01:35 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #33
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
What does a tsunami have to do with global warming?
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 01:42 PM   Officer #34
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
What does a tsunami have to do with global warming?
That’s not the point, we push the planet out of her natural balance by warming up the planet, the planet reacts on that with extreme weather and climate changes.
We can’t win we need to adjust our life style to the planet! The planet won’t adjust her self to us, even better she will do everything to bring it back in balance but there are borders!
__________________
....-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.....
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 10:57 PM   Senior Registered Member #35
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
*laughs at Queensland's rich snobs who live it out on the coast* Take that bitches!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 12:06 AM   Senior Registered Member #36
JackYang
Senior Member
 
JackYang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 428
BLAME IT ON CHINA!!!
__________________
Jack, Blogger of Jamie Spears Insider
JackYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 01:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #37
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackYang
BLAME IT ON CHINA!!!
Eff off. You can't blame the people for wanting to own cars.

Oh wait, didn't I post that already? Numbnut.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #38
SimplyKnightley
Member
 
SimplyKnightley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackYang
BLAME IT ON CHINA!!!
no one country is to be blamed for global warming. it's a collective doing.

besides, there may be more bicycles than there are cars in China. bicycles in China are ingrained in every day life, an important means of transportation and are visible everywhere. In the big cities, bicycles dominate streets even though cars and highways are being built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bicycles6mini.jpg (7.7 KB, 41 views)
__________________
Life is drawing
without an eraser
SimplyKnightley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 07:56 AM   Officer #39
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678

Why pointing fingers out at other countries? Do you have any idea how long it takes for a nuclear cloud to come from Russia to Europe? (Referring to the accident in Chernobyl)
Global warming, Is a world problem, there are of course countries who pollute(d) more than others, but they cant salve the problem on there own.
It’s not because it doesn’t happen in your front yard that it doesn’t affect you!
I could easily point out my finger to Russia, or the USA or china, but than you should also know that Belgium is the richest country of Europe, but its also the biggest polluter of Europe.
It starts at your own front door,…, how many of you people recycle?
We individuals can’t do much, we can only try to change our personal lifestyle as much as possible, we can only try to give a good example to our children, and too the younger ones.
There are other agencies who have more power and better ways, to make countries and companies change there policies.

SUPPORT GREENPEACE NOW

Maybe they exaggerate on some subjects in your point of view, but do you really think they get what they ask? You need to ask more to have the change you actually want.
__________________
....-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.....
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #40
Alias
Newcomer
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg
Never. They wont invent environmentaly friendly cars ever. Know why ? oil companys would loose FUCKLOADS of money, were talking trillions of dollars. There have been heaps of cars invented that could run of non-fossil fuels, but the people who made them have just been bought out by the large oil companies.
"All this and it’s looking to the future as well. In a genuine show surprise, BMW unveiled the enormous H2R, its hydrogen-powered concept which points to what the company sees as the fuel of the future. The 6.0-litre V12 engine produces 245bhp when running on liquid hydrogen, and accelerates to 60mph in 6 seconds. Even more impressively, a few days before the show, it clicked 300km/h in tests, a world record which officially makes it the fastest hydrogen car in the world. The styling and sheer size caused controversy, but as a showcase for discussions on future fuel technology, it didn’t fail."
Quote from article about the paris motoshow.

So what Oil companie owns BMW then?
Alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.