Euro 2004 - Page 8 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:15 PM   First Class Member Officer #141
Sarah
Nice

How adorable. Believe me, you're not in love. We're suffering from crushes. By my age, I should pack it in, but I can't stop having crushes on everyone.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:18 PM   #142
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

lol same here i jump from one to another
Old 05-07-2004, 04:19 PM   First Class Member Officer #143
Sarah
Nice

My best friend is the spitting image of Ronaldo. I may end up pouncing on him if he's not careful.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:26 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #144
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Ladies Ladies, get a room and a boyfriend...when you reach 16 lipgloss. Right enough off topic tripe, I mean it!
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:30 PM   First Class Member Officer #145
Sarah
Nice

Sorry! I can't help it when I'm talking about Sexy Ronaldo.

OK, erm, Well Done Greece. I'm sure England will win the World Cup in 2006.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:10 AM   #146
Edward

lol

his such a chicken
Old 06-07-2004, 12:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #147
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward
lol

his such a chicken
In Sarah's picture... if you just put a beak on, and some rooster hair...

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:46 PM   First Class Member Officer #148
Sarah
Nice

Hey now just stop it.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:07 PM   #149
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

Talking ronaldo baby

ronaldo is cute on that pic!!!!!!!!! well hes cute on any pic!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 08:23 PM   Officer #150
DragonRat
Officer

I feel stupid replying to this topic now, simply because it's devolved into some Cristiano Ronaldo lovefest. First off, he's not the best player in the world. That honor would probably go to Zidane or Henry or Ronaldinho or the other Ronaldo (you know, the one from Brazil). Secondly, almost every soccer player has to be fit (except the ones that don't play); probably the only player that never really looked fit, but excelled regardless, was Diego Maradona. The guy was pudgy and stout, but he outran the entire England team in the '86 World Cup. (Must I bring back bad memories? Yes, merely to prove a point.)

The guy has a long ways to go, before he can really be good. He has real pace and lightning-quick feet, but that still doesn't account for much. Perhaps he may one day be his generation's Luis Figo, but until then, he can cry all he wants. I guess we all cry for different reasons... so close, yet so far.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:21 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #151
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
I feel stupid replying to this topic now, simply because it's devolved into some Cristiano Ronaldo lovefest. First off, he's not the best player in the world. That honor would probably go to Zidane or Henry or Ronaldinho or the other Ronaldo (you know, the one from Brazil). Secondly, almost every soccer player has to be fit (except the ones that don't play); probably the only player that never really looked fit, but excelled regardless, was Diego Maradona. The guy was pudgy and stout, but he outran the entire England team in the '86 World Cup. (Must I bring back bad memories? Yes, merely to prove a point.)

The guy has a long ways to go, before he can really be good. He has real pace and lightning-quick feet, but that still doesn't account for much. Perhaps he may one day be his generation's Luis Figo, but until then, he can cry all he wants. I guess we all cry for different reasons... so close, yet so far.
Not even sure he actually has much pace...couldn't outpace Ashley Cole now, could he? Or Seitaridis. He's more reliant on his quick feet...and as yet he's simply not lethal enough...the best defenders will still shut him out. Quick feet but he needs to learn how to utilise them to do things OTHER than step overs...he did a lovely little turn in the FA Cup final like Zidane does so often and I thought "If he can do that more regularly, and plays with freedom like Zidane...he'll be lethal". His movement's still not good enough off the ball for me.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:50 AM   Officer #152
DragonRat
Officer

I doubt he'll be given as much freedom as Zizou, simply because Zizou plays behind the strikers in both Real and the French team, while Ronaldo plays on the right of midfield, in both United and the Portuguese squad.

On another note, I wonder if this topic can be converted to general football discussion. As Euro 2004 is over, the upcoming preseason is in full swing, and transfer rumors abound like mad cows on the British countryside (bad joke). It's a funny thing, what with all the rumors of transfers going to United and Chelsea, with Arsenal quietly going about their business. Wenger's up to something, as Haz and I have pretty much surmised, and one can only guess if (and when) Wenger will pull the money out of his purse strings and get a big-name player. Most of the teams' preseasons start in a few weeks, so I think we'll be able to see some names pop up, not just the usuals.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
Old 08-07-2004, 10:43 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #153
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
I doubt he'll be given as much freedom as Zizou, simply because Zizou plays behind the strikers in both Real and the French team, while Ronaldo plays on the right of midfield, in both United and the Portuguese squad.

On another note, I wonder if this topic can be converted to general football discussion. As Euro 2004 is over, the upcoming preseason is in full swing, and transfer rumors abound like mad cows on the British countryside (bad joke). It's a funny thing, what with all the rumors of transfers going to United and Chelsea, with Arsenal quietly going about their business. Wenger's up to something, as Haz and I have pretty much surmised, and one can only guess if (and when) Wenger will pull the money out of his purse strings and get a big-name player. Most of the teams' preseasons start in a few weeks, so I think we'll be able to see some names pop up, not just the usuals.
Looks like Trabelsi is weighing up an offer from us (which I think he'd be wise to accept...why choose Newcastle over us?) and I've heard rumours of a 26 million pound deal going through...just not sure who...I suspect Morientes myself...

As for being given the freedom...Zidane ACTUALLY plays on the left for both France and Real...he just cuts in like Pires...if Ronaldo was played on the left (and he has been played there) he'd have the freedom...question of if his coaches actually KNOW where his best position is. I think Fergie doesn't have a clue (he didn't realise Becks was always a better central midfielder than right sided one) but it seems Queroz is savvy...so we'll see
Old 08-07-2004, 11:17 PM   Officer #154
DragonRat
Officer

But Queiroz served under Fergie for several years, and still his idea of moving Becks to the middle never really got much attention, until he moved to Real. I doubt with his return to United, that Fergie will see where Ronaldo actually serves best. And, as long as Giggs stays at United, it's unlikely Ronaldo will be given more chances to play the left.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:50 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #155
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
But Queiroz served under Fergie for several years, and still his idea of moving Becks to the middle never really got much attention, until he moved to Real. I doubt with his return to United, that Fergie will see where Ronaldo actually serves best. And, as long as Giggs stays at United, it's unlikely Ronaldo will be given more chances to play the left.
I agree...we'll see, however, if Queroz' time as a manager at the biggest club in Europe will get him more of a say with Fergie