Articles Archive - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 07-07-2004, 06:16 AM   Officer #41
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Keira Knightley wants more cleavage

The Arizona Republic
July 6, 2004

Speaking of King Arthur, co-star Keira Knightley says she wouldn't mind stripping down for her art, but she wishes she had more curves to display.

"If the part calls for [nudity] and I don't think there's any way around it, then I'm absolutely fine," the Pirates of the Caribbean star tells Arena magazine.

"I like the whole cleavage thing," she says, adding that she wishes the art department had enhanced her figure in the King Arthur posters.

Haha, has she seen the posters? Anyway, does anyone actually have the whole Arena article up yet? I've only seen the pics ....

EDIT: I just realized there is no 'whole article'; just that write-up on one of the pages with a picture. I should have known. It is, after all, a men's magazine.

I kid! I kid!

Last edited by EmotionSickness; 07-07-2004 at 06:44 AM.
EmotionSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #42
Narg
Westie Yobbo

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont get plastic surgery keira, PLEASE!.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:21 AM   #43
Vertical Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness

"I like the whole cleavage thing," she says, adding that she wishes the art department had enhanced her figure in the King Arthur posters.
hehe, how stupid... the art department did edit her ALOT!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:12 PM   #44
J'Adore

Keira's Maxim's Girlfriend of the Day.

http://www.maximonline.com/girlfrien...ley/gfd_l1.jpg

http://www.maximonline.com/girlfrien...ley/gfd_l3.jpg

http://www.maximonline.com/girlfrien...ley/gfd_l4.jpg
J'Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:31 PM   #45
lalala

Has anyone got the full Arena interview? I started resding it in the shop but nosey shop woman was kicking up a fuss, i only read the last question about her loeaving blue footprints over the carpet.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:33 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #46
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Keira is *finally* on the cover of "The Bible" a.k.a Cosmopolitan. Nice cover picture and an interview with her inside. Worth getting.

Keira's Cosmo cover is also a part of US Weekly's 'Cover Stars'. Here's the info:
Who: Keira Knightley, 19
Born In: London
Clothes Call: Chloe top, Chip & Pepper jeans
Arrived In: Jeans and an oversized sweater
Shoot Tunes: Justin Timberlake
Sidekick: Her mom
Set Scoop: Knightley said she was relieved she got to wear jeans, since she finds minis "terrifying."

Also in US Weekly, Keira is the "This Minute You Want to Know About..." person. There's a short article and two pics. Pretty much the same stuff heard everywhere, but still interesting.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:24 PM   Knightley News #47
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

A lot of press just now about Keira's altered chest on the KA posters. There's a full page in today's Mirror newspaper.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...142502,00.html
http://www.mikeslist.com/2004_07_04_...39480704594316
http://www.adrants.com/2004/07/keira...-boobs-for.php
http://www.defamer.com/topic/keira-k...ion-017426.php

Paul
Old 11-07-2004, 03:09 PM   First Class Member Officer #48
Sarah
Nice

Get down to your local Odeon Cinema and pick up a copy of 'Addict' as there is a Keira interview in it.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:55 PM   #49
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

i went to the showcase and there was an article about king arthur in it
Old 14-07-2004, 06:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #50
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Keira Interview

It's close to the bottom of the page.
Old 14-07-2004, 09:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #51
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

There is a two page article on Keira in this week's People magazine (with Tori Spelling on the cover). Some new stuff, and good pictures so I would say it's definitely worth getting.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 12:02 PM   Officer #52
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Thanks a bunch, Kelsey. I'll definitely have to pick that one up today along with Cosmo, Arena ... the list goes on and on, hehe.

I haven't seen this before. I'm pretty sure it's just a rehash of old quotes, etc., but it's new to me. From the New Zealand Herald:

Keira Knightley resists the glitz of Hollywood

10.07.2004 By KATHERINE TULICH

Keira Knightley has a dilemma. The 19-year-old British actress is in Los Angeles and wants to go shopping. She's had her eyes on these great cowboy boots in a shop on Sunset Boulevard.

There's just one problem: Over the store is a Shrek-sized poster of her face staring determinedly at passers-by, promoting her new film, King Arthur, in which she plays Guinevere, warrior princess.

"It's this amazing shop that sells great cowboy boots that are really cheap, and I wanted to go in there but I can't because the poster is right across the road and I would be really embarrassed," she says in an accent that swings between posh and East Ender.

She can't get her publicist or PA to run in and buy them, because she doesn't employ one. After star turns in Bend It Like Beckham and the runaway hit Pirates of the Caribbean, Knightley has become Hollywood's new feisty "It Girl", but so far she is reluctant to subscribe to its standard code of star behaviour.

"It's not that I'm trying to make any grand statement, but I just don't feel I need anyone to help me. I'm bone lazy now, so could you imagine if I had someone doing everything for me?" she says.

"Besides, I'm only 19 and this is the time when you are meant to be learning to do things for yourself. I think if I employed a personal assistant, that would be the end of my development. I'd stay 19 forever."

In the gargantuan top floor presidential suite of the St Regis Hotel, Knightley's tiny frame is scooped like a tennis ball thrown into the corner of a couch.

She is bare-foot, wearing hip-hugging black Dolce and Gabbana pants, which she explains are on loan, and a short-sleeved canary yellow Penquin top which she proudly claims is hers. "It cost 20, so this is definitely mine," she announces.

Her face is makeup free but a small gift bag sits beside her. "Now that officially is a perk of this job," she smiles as she shows me its contents - a new French beauty line from Paris. "You get to try out all the new beauty products."

She saw King Arthur for the first time the night before. "It was terrifying; I hate watching myself," she tells me. "It's like listening to yourself on an answering machine. It makes you cringe."

Apart from not getting her boots, the actress, who remains London-based, shows a distinct distrust for the place that has made her a movie star.

"There are so many beautiful people here and they are all so thin and sporty.

"If I was here too long I would think, 'Oh God, I should change. I should be wearing this or go on a diet'. I don't think it's very healthy."

Easy words to say when you are already a casting director's dream - young, rail thin (her waist measured in at 48cm, 19 inches, for the corsets in Pirates) and pouty-lipped.

But Knightley is quick to anger at the suggestion that she would deliberately keep her body that way just to appease fashion. I wondered if she had read the English press who had once suggested she may have some eating concerns.

"It's called being a 16-year-old girl who hasn't got tits yet," she says irately, referring to the past headlines.

"My dad is tall and thin, so this is my body. I can pretty well eat anything I want, and I don't work out at all because I find it very boring.

"While I wouldn't ever suggest I was any kind of role model, it's important to be very clear about these things because I do think young girls get influenced by what they read. I think whatever shape you are is absolutely fine and you can't make yourself anything you're not."

Her lack of fondness for the gym contrasts with the active roles she is constantly being given.

"I'm very perplexed about it really," she smiles. "I'm rather a lazy character and the idea that they keep casting me in these very strong and very active roles is actually rather difficult for me."

In the revisionist version of the famous tale about the king and his knights of the round table, Guinevere is hardly the young damsel wandering around a beautiful castle pining for her husband's handsome best friend, Lancelot. She's a kick-ass warrior who runs around in blue war paint (and little else) wielding knives and bows and arrows.

Although it's a reversal bound to appeal to tween girl power, Knightley insists the role is historically accurate, citing research showing that Arthur was most likely to have lived in the Dark Ages, not the more colourful medieval times in which the legend has been commonly placed.

He was thought to have been half-Roman, half-British, a reluctant and brave leader who helped to consolidate Britain against the invading Saxons in a series of spectacular battles.

"The whole idea of the film is to find the reality behind the myth and that goes for all the characters as well. Guinevere was from an ancient race, either Pict or Celt which were in fact matriarchal so the women fought on equal standing to the men, if not leading them," she says.

Some critics have noted that it seems historically ridiculous that Guinevere would wear a Versace-type leather bikini in a battle, but Knightley says the historically accurate option was impossible.

"They actually fought totally naked except for the blue woad paint on their bodies, but I wasn't really prepared to go to that extreme, so I was lucky to get my leather straps really," she says.

The actress says she has only recently become aware of her fame.

"When Pirates became a huge hit, I was in the middle of a field or up a mountain in Ireland filming King Arthur so I didn't really notice all the media attention. It's only in the past couple of months when I've had a break, that I have noticed people recognising me," she says.

But she insists life has changed little. She still hangs out with the same friends she made when she was 11, and apart from not catching the tube at rush hour, she does pretty much what she wants.

"It's up to me whether I'm going to sacrifice my teenage life and that simply is not a choice I'm prepared to make. I only have a few friends in the industry and that's the way I like it," she says.

She's also instructed friends and family not to read any press written about her. "I never read it and they've stopped reading

* King Arthur opens on Thursday

Source

Also, Keira has apparently been named Hello Magazine's most promising teen star, winning 62% of the vote against Scarlett Johannson.

I wonder if they'll ever stop comparing and contrasting those two. First it was with Natalie Portman (although, those comparisons were completely without merit ... only because, once upon a time, they looked alike). I enjoy both Scarlett and Keira. As far as talent goes, I'd say Scarlett has the edge ... FOR NOW, simply because she's had better roles than Keira. I certainly think Keira has the potential, or chops, if you will, to surpass Scarlett, she just needs to hone her skills with some better, meatier roles (I'm hoping The Jacket will allow her do this). As far as looks/personality go, though, Keira wins in a landslide. She's just so much more personable and down-to-earth, not to mention more fun. Scarlett strikes me as rather dull at times, plus I've heard she can be a real brat.
Old 15-07-2004, 01:57 PM   Senior Registered Member #53
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Nice interview, seemed very casual, love how down to earth keira is, makes her so much more lovable.
Old 16-07-2004, 09:06 PM   #54
johnnyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightleyNews
I'll be damned, they have amped them up, considerably dont get plastic surgery, PLEASE!
Old 17-07-2004, 03:49 AM   #55
alby

7/17/04 - Telegraph: "How Keira the warrior queen invaded Hollywood"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.../17/ixtop.html
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 09:33 AM   #56
Wake
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreNarg
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont get plastic surgery keira, PLEASE!.
I have to agree with Narg...plus has anyone seen Mandy Moore lately? She just turned 19 and she grew a chest. Keira may still have some growing too but then again those plastic surgery rumors would probably start up...oh what a dillema for teenage celebrities.

*Edit* Oh and hello.
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 03:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #57
Spire
InSpire Me

Keira's down-to-earth personality is a major plus. The average Hollywood types are arrogant and boring. Hopefully Keira won't change much as time goes on.
Old 17-07-2004, 04:01 PM   Knightley News #58
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

The Independent:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/f...p?story=541843

Paul
Old 18-07-2004, 04:32 AM   #59
alby

Found this. Don't know if you have it already.

GLAMOUR MAGAZINE
KEIRA'S SPECIAL KNIGHT

The crowds were out in force to see Keira Knightley at last night's King Arthur premiere. Thousands had thronged to Leicester Square to catch a glimpse of the Hollywood starlet, and they weren't disappointed. Stripped of her usual off-duty wardrobe of jeans and boots, Keira looked mesmerising on the arm of boyfriend Jaime Dornan in a silver Jil Sander dress, Asprey diamonds and a pair of Jimmy Choos. "It's fantastic, but I'll never get used to these crowds," she joked with reporters. The film's cast were all eager to praise their leading lady. "Keira is the best out of all of us," said Ray Winstone. "She's a little fireball, but I wouldn't let her give me any tips. I'm not going to learn to fight from a woman." The film's producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, added: "Keira is a brilliant actress. She's beautiful, too, but it's about her acting." (16 July, 2004, 9:30AM) SOURCE: DAILY MAIL

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/Da...t.asp?sid=18754
Old 18-07-2004, 11:42 PM   Knightley News #60
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Keira went to Ethiopia recently with Love Actually director Richard Curtis, co-star Andrew Lincoln and others to see how the fundraising for Comic Relief is being spent. Article and pics here:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004330420,00.html

Paul