I need advice on a friendship... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 24-11-2004, 04:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #1
DefyingGravity

I need advice on a friendship...

Okay, to make a long story short, this girl and I, let's call her Angie, we were best friends from third grade to eighth grade. Then suddenly, in eighth grade, she MOVED AWAY without telling me. Just out of the blue. And the thing is, she lived right across the street from me. I guess it was too much of an inconvenience for her to walk 50 fucking yards to say goodbye to her best friend. I was crushed. I had to find out from someone at school why she wasn't there. I was extremely hurt and angry.

Up until last February, it had been two years since I had seen her, until she showed up at my door randomly. Wtf?! Just like that?! With no warning?! Well, we spoke for a while, but there were a LOT of awkward silences, and neither of us really knew what to say to each other. I got her AIM name. She’s been on and off frequently, and we talk sometimes, but not much. I just don’t see the point in being friends with her anymore. We no longer have anything in common, and we’ve both changed. I just don’t care about her that much. Am I cold?
Old 24-11-2004, 04:13 AM   Officer #2
Renegade
Stock Boy

No. Maybe if you two reconciled your differences, then maybe there's a chance you two can be friends again...if that's what you want.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
MeggieHoops
Will Flash for Cash

Nope, not cold at all.

Maybe it'd help to tell her how she hurt you when you were younger, just to get it out in the air and let her know how you're feeling and how you felt then. I mean, you're both 18 and I think you can maturely talk about it without causing a fight or whatnot.

If somehow you grow to be friends again, that'd be cool...but if not, don't worry. You're different people now and it's not like you're required to reconnect after all these years.
Old 24-11-2004, 06:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
ryan

If she valued the friendship, she'd of told you well in advance.
And she can't expect to just show up out of the blue and be taken in with open arms.

If you can start getting along again (finding common interests, etc), that's fine, but if being friends and chatting doesn't feel natural (ie, you have to really try to make things work), then perhaps you've moved on and it's better that way.

I had a similar situation happen to me once. I just didn't think it was right due to the awkwardness and such, so we just stopped talking (for good that time).
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 10:01 PM   #5
Donnie Dorko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieHoops
I mean, you're both 18 and I think you can maturely talk about it without causing a fight or whatnot.
Well, 16 :-p. But the point still stands, people change, people grow, talk about it with her but as Ryan said, there really is no point being friends if it's forced.
Old 25-11-2004, 04:50 AM   #6
IBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity
I just don???t see the point in being friends with her anymore. We no longer have anything in common, and we???ve both changed. I just don???t care about her that much. Am I cold?
You kindda answered your own question there buddy. And if you were her 'best friend' Wouldn't you know if she was moving away?
________
Vaporizer volcano
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote