The Greatest Film of All-Time... - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > The Gallery

The Gallery Show off your creative talents here!

Old 30-10-2004, 12:54 AM   #21
The Black Rider

When I used the word "philistine" earlier, it was a reference to early-20th Century art culture, in which the term was used to denote people who had no understanding of "great art." And guess what? I was right.
Old 30-10-2004, 01:12 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #22
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Rider
When I used the word "philistine" earlier, it was a reference to early-20th Century art culture, in which the term was used to denote people who had no understanding of "great art."
Listen you cretin, I'm well aware what the term "philistine" relates to.

Quote:
And guess what? I was right.
Another cocky little bastard, eh? Well...to be blunt, if you can't take criticism of a film you didn't even make, God knows how you'll cope when, as will no doubt occur, should you actually ever make it as a filmmaker, some critic pans your film (it happens to even the great directors). So call me what you want, all it proves to me is I was correct.

It's ironic you call me a philistine for not appreciating "great art" on a thread discussing something that barely even qualifies as "art". It lacked entertainment value, it lacked aesthetic value, it was infantile, and even if the immaturity was merely to make an ironic statement, that doesn't distract from the fact it's infantile. Not only that, but any subtle statement you were making, wasn't conveyed. You could belittle me for not "getting it" or you could look again and see if there's actually anything there worth watching.

See you can belittle me, but I've not belittled you, you'll note. I could have said I'm not surprised that a 16 year old male, and we all know our gender tends to mature that little bit slower, so we'll give you the mental age of, what, a 14 year old, found something humourus in that. I could say it's ironic that of all those to post positive comments about this piece, not one of them is funny (sorry guys, but it's true). Instead I just pointed out that the piece itself is flawed.

Seems the Rider is touchy. In future I'll give hollow compliments out if you prefer...if it helps your insecurities, why not?
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #23
The Black Rider

Calm down, I was being sarcastic. I couldn't care less about what you think of me or any of my work. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

And you're calling me touchy?
Old 30-10-2004, 09:40 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Rider
Calm down, I was being sarcastic. I couldn't care less about what you think of me or any of my work. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

And you're calling me touchy?
I'm immensely calm my friend. I didn't tear strips off of you...you'd know if I was angry.

I didn't like it, and no, if I don't like it's not my problem. It's not a problem for me, other than the few minutes of my life I lost...hardly significant. If I don't like it, I'd suggest that the problem lies with the filmmaker...but if it helps to deflect the pain, then sure, go ahead.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2004, 12:00 AM   #25
The Black Rider

Alright, I take your point and I'm sorry if I overreacted. Obviously we all can't like every movie, so I probably should've expected that someone here might dislike it. But thanks for watching it anyway.
Old 31-10-2004, 06:48 AM   #26
NearokA

I was drunk, and that my friend, was actually entertaining! lol.

Some thoughts:
1). please record on higher resolutions. That was awful. I had to squint my eyes.
2). Acting could use some work
3). Directing as well. I like directors that take a wild perspective that no ones else seems to think about. It's little things that matter. Make the film with a thousand little things that people will hardly notice.

Good things:
1) the music was wonderful. I couldn't have selected a better piece for fun frolic in the woods with 3 kids really high. lol.

On a side note, you prolly shouldnt have talked at all and just have one of those silent films that uses music and facial expressions to convey the character's thought process. I always did enjoy those.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote