Euro 2004 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 20-06-2004, 01:09 PM   First Class Member Officer #1
Sarah
Nice

Euro 2004

COME ON ENGLAND!

Who do you think will win (I think England can do it if they put their arses into it)

Frank Lampard is so fit! Sorry, I'm a girl, I can't help it.

Who will win!? England.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 01:15 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #2
Leonie
Elle

We lost to the Czech Republic yesterday. Gg Netherlands. We probably won't even make it to the quarter finals. I'll post a pic of my neighbour's garden later, quite funny, Dutch and English flags and such. It will be so much fun watching them take it all down again
Leonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
Glow

Meybe when Keira will play in Euro 2004 then someone football group win
Glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 05:57 PM   #4
Vertical Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
We lost to the Czech Republic yesterday. Gg Netherlands. We probably won't even make it to the quarter finals. I'll post a pic of my neighbour's garden later, quite funny, Dutch and English flags and such. It will be so much fun watching them take it all down again
Damn... dont tell me about it! We played well... butt we still can make it IF we win, and germany loses... but that would be likely because Czech's wont put in there best players...

Forcast for 06-23, 12-0 for the dutch!
Old 20-06-2004, 11:07 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I see the Czechs drawing with Germany, but y'know don't underestimate Latvia...they should've beaten both the Czechs and the Germans (with two blatent pens against the Germans) and will be out to qualify themselves...I personally tip em to surprise the Dutch and sneak through.

I am actually watching EVERY match, and analysing it in my own unique way, compiling a report on every match...when it's finished I'll do some sort of serialisation on here, should make those of you who're into football laugh as it's quite comic.

As for who'll win...on the basis of the fact we should so have beaten France, and the fact that we proved against the Swiss that we can grind out a result where necessary, I see us doing it...who is there to fear when we were 3 minutes from beating the French? We should beat Croatia in my view, but we don't have to, and I don't see them beating us if we put in 100%.

The Portuguese look ripe for the picking in the next round, fluked their way through and will be walkovers, mark my words. Spain should have beaten them, and Greece DID...so if we play like we can we should get passed them. The Czechs would probably await us in the next round, and on the basis of their performances they may well be THE team to beat...but I think we can do it...France in the final perhaps? It would be sweet to have revenge and get our justice against them, for robbing us of the win in the group match.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 11:09 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #6
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

I think England will do one of two things:

1. Bomb out tomorrow like we seem to do in the European Championships
or
2. Go on to reach at least the final

I'm hoping its the second choice, we do have a real chance if we get through the groups
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 11:12 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I totally agree...it's either a repeat of the Romania game or the start of something special...I hope it's the latter...just keep bloody Phil Neville as far away from the pitch as possible...calamity personified that man...I reckon Sven just took him so if we bomb out he has an excuse, "Phil Neville kicked a ball in training and that brought us bad luck".
Old 21-06-2004, 12:07 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #8
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

The France/England game was on the first night I was in London. It was really cool to see how into the game everyone was. We just hung out in a pub the whole night (well until the extremely early hour of 11 when we moved to the big screen in the hotel bar) which was scary but cool at the same time. When England scored, this one guy flipped out, I thought he was going to have a seizure or something...very funny though. Anyways, as for who will win, I don't really know [or care.] I just posted to say that the atmosphere was really, really cool and exciting.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 12:06 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I'm thinking England is very shaky... Versing Croatia when they had 2 draws, including 2-2 against France. If they don't bomb out, they'll most likely be 2nd considering France will whip the Switz. Which means, they versus Portugal next round I don't like England's chances.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 12:20 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #10
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Have you seen the way both england and Portugal have played? I don't think so, Portugal have played with no confidence and have scrapped a few results to get through. England on the otherhand outplayed France for 90 minutes and were only beaten by a world class individual. The Switzerland match showed that we can grind out good results without playing particularly well. What more do you want?
Old 21-06-2004, 12:46 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #11
Liam
Bogan Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
We was robbed. Never seen such shitty refereeing as I did in that game. Van Nistelrooy could arguably been given a penalty, and had Davids put his shot away the game would have been over. Alas.
No matter, the Latvians have to crack sooner or later

Go Holland. And stuff.

England won't win it. The performances I've seen in the games so far havent been those of a tournament winning side.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 12:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #12
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I'll just wait for the results then. Don't gloat yet, who knows, an upset by Croatia might happen. I'm in Australia, so I'm pretty much neutral :P

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 03:50 PM   #13
amishka

Thumbs up

Russia 2; Greece 1, cant get any better than that
amishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #14
Newell4keira

No offence to any Dutch, but what is the problem of losing to the Czech's? They are a great team, i think the porblem with them is Holland are a lot of individuals and dont work to well as a team but thats my opinion.

As for England, if we figure out how important this game is then i dont see a problem against Croatia and i think we will 2-1 or 3-1.

I also think, as a Liverpool fan, that people criticising Michael Owen will see him play his best further in because another example is Thierry henry who hasnt scored yet or played rather well himself.
Newell4keira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 09:21 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #15
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

4-2!!!!!!!!
Old 21-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #16
Newell4keira

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
4-2!!!!!!!!
YES. WHAT A WIN, ENGLAND IN THE QUARTER FINALS PORTUGAL TO BEAT!!!

I think Croatia were a bit lucky with there goals but England walked over them and i hope Owen can find his way into the score charts soon. Anyway COME ON!
Newell4keira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 10:11 PM   First Class Member Officer #17
Sarah
Nice

That was a good match! It was very intense! Our family was jumping around like proper loonies! I was so happy that Lampard scored! I won my bet with a friend! Good match! Now we have to beat Portugal!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 11:17 PM   #18
Vertical Vortex

guys.. guys.. just face it... holland is going to win. Its allready a fact... they win the match with 12-0.
Old 22-06-2004, 01:06 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #19
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ok...England...spanked Croatia...should've been an even bigger margin and they only looked dangerous on set plays...in fact the first free kick leading to the goal never was, but unlike the Dutch we're not whinging moaners. :P

No, Ruud should never have gotten the pen in that game...he went down quicker than a cheap hooker.

The Czechs deserved to BATTER the Dutch who probably should've gotten beaten by the Germans...lucky Dutch to even be in with a shout, in my view.

I'm still holding out hope that the Latvians do them...they're capable of it...the front man Verpakovskis was superb so far.

As for Portugal...pathetic...Ronaldo is an over-rated pile of donkey dung and will be shown up for the rat-faced, make-up laden earring-clad tosser he is when he comes up against class defenders like England have...when he did come up against Carles Puyol he wasn't good enough and had to be switched against the ineffective Raul Bravo.

We should've beaten France, who were very fortunate...on the basis of the fact we showed against France what we can do, we showed against the Swiss that we can grind out a result, and against the Croats that we can fight back without panicking, we have all we need to win...plus we have the best young player in Europe...ROONALDO!!!!! What can't that kid do?

With Scholes back to goalscoring, he'll be the force he's been for United of late. We have it all set up. In fact, analysing the group, we were robbed by France, and we bettered their results against the Swiss and Croats...so why the heck can't we win it? The French are the holders ffs.

The only teams to play better than England have been the Swedes, Danes and the Czechs...6 points from 2 games is a very good record, and contrary to what the biased tango-drinking freaks that support Holland will tell you, the Czechs deserved to win. Ruud's goal was offside, incidentally, even with the new analysis! He was never, at any stage in the move, so much as in line.

Trust me, I've watched every game of Euro 2004 so far and England have few teams to fear...the only team that can beat us, is us ourselves. We have the second biggest support out in Portugal, second only to the hosts, and we have the best young talent in Europe.

We have all we need to win this...Portugal will actually be easier than the Greeks (simply because of their 4-2-3-1 formation which will suit us) and after that we have few teams to fear. We'll get France again in the final, and do to them what they did to us...steal victory right from under their noses...
Old 22-06-2004, 10:32 AM   #20
Vertical Vortex

12-0 for the Dutch... i tell ya!