Fifa10 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:55 AM   Senior Registered Member #1
michael22
eternally screwed

Fifa10

I decided that we might as well start a thread for it. It would save me a huge rant in the shoutbox. What are your predictions, hopes etc.
So far I am supporting Uruguay, Greece (my old boss made me a fan of Greek football somehow) and the're underdog status, Kiwi team mainly for them being the best hope for italy getting its teeth kicked in and Switzerland- see previous only change italy for Spain.
Though as for results I have no clue who it is going to be. (other than England are sure to fuck up somewhere along the way fucking Rooney).
Old 11-04-2010, 02:20 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

And here I was thinking this was a thread about the game...

If football were won on paper, Argentina would win it. With players like Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Tevez up front, Mascherano and Cambiasso in midfield and the likes of Demichelis, Heinze and Milito at the back, they have all the tools. They unfortunately also possess a manager singularly incapable of using them. But with Messi, anything is possible.

Italy and Germany are always dangerous in tournaments, France arguably have the two best wide players in the world right now (Ribery and Malouda) and then there's Holland, who despite their terrible record in major tournaments, still pose a threat, with players like Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder and Van Der Vaart. I doubt they'll win the tournament, but they could derail the hopes of the favourites on the way.

Portugal's fate will largely depend on Cristiano Ronaldo, much as England's will on Rooney. Unlike Portugal, however, England do have several other weapons, Joe Cole, Lennon, Walcott, Gerrard and Lampard. And I suspect Fifa's ideal scenario would be for the Ivory Coast to win the first ever world cup staged in Africa. I doubt they will, though.

I still believe it's hard to look past Spain. Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, Villa, Torres...they'll dominate possession and have the firepower up front to score goals. Their defence is good enough with that midfield.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 04:50 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

USA... all the way! We might just get to the knock out round! How exciting is that? Once we're eliminated, I'll root for England.
Old 13-04-2010, 09:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I actually think the US v England game will be our hardest in the group. A lot of people still don't realise just how good the US side is.
Old 16-04-2010, 03:45 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #5
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I have nothing to add to this conversation, except to lament that if it were not for the stupidly slow Visa system....I would be living in South Africa right now!

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 09:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

How come?