Wimbledon '08 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 27-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Joly

Wimbledon '08

I thought I'd start this thread while my favourite player is still in the tournament (Ivanovic (Anyone else think she's bloody gorgeous?)).
I'm not much of a tennis fanatic because I'm pretty shite at the sport but I do enjoy watching Wimbledon.
Murray thrashing his opponent yesterday was brilliant and I do like watching the girls too. Quite confusing with all these new eastern europeans/russians coming in though.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Anduril

I agree with you! Ivanovic is really nice!! But my favourite players are Lleyton Hewitt and Roger Federer. I'm looking forward to their match this Monday! It will be an awesome match!!
Who do you think will win Wimbly '08?
Old 29-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
Joly

I think it'll be between Nadal and Federer again for the men.
Not sure about the women though. I like Jankovic, I'd rather her than the Williams sisters.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 09:32 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #4
Liam
Bogan Elite

This may sound odd from a man who will happily watch 5 days of a test match without moving from the couch, but tennis = yawn.
Old 30-06-2008, 01:04 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

McEnroe v. Borg? Hell yes I'd watch.
Now... not so much.
Old 30-06-2008, 07:34 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #6
Leonie
Elle

I saw Murray against Haas the other day, which was quite a good match, mostly because both of them were actually trying to come to the net a bit. Haven't seen much else. I lost interest now that Wimbledon has become a place for baseline bashing too. I can't stand Nadal, so I'm hoping he doesn't win.

I just looked at the Wimbledon website, and Safin is still in! And he's doing well! I kind of hope he'll give Nadal the trashing of his life. Provided he's fit, he's well able. He's got the strength that Nadal has, possible more of it, and he's a clever player. It'd be nice for him to actually win something again, instead of being plagued by injury (*touches wood*).

Also, as un-feminist as this may be, I hate women's tennis. It is even more boring than the men's matches. Pretty much, whoever looks like they drank the most steroids for breakfast is going to win. It's got very little to do with technique anymore.