Would your parents be ok with you dating somebody of different race? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

View Poll Results: Would your parents approve if you dated somebody of another race?
Yes 20 46.51%
I don't know 9 20.93%
With reluctance 4 9.30%
Some races yes, others no 4 9.30%
No 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-07-2004, 07:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Would your parents be ok with you dating somebody of different race?

This came up in conversation with a friend yesterday. I asked my parents and they said they would be ok, but it was not the most entheuastic response. I have never dated anybody of another race, but I would given the chance.

My grandparents on the other hand would proabably consider me not part of the family anymore if I did, that would not stop me though.

So would your parents approve?
Old 24-07-2004, 07:23 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Richard
Dated

My parents are very protective of me. Every now and then they would always tell me to marry someone whose "white", and at the risk of sounding like a biget... I would prefer a cacuasion women. I'm white too, if you didn't catch that. I'm always somewhat fascinated by other races, sometimes from where I live, they get annoying, really fast. But in the case that I do marry a women from another race, there's not really a lot they can do about it. It's not their decision. As of now, for the time being, I have my sights set on cacuasion women. So sue me.

Last edited by Richard; 24-07-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 07:25 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #3
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Well, my dad and his family would be okay with it, and I'm estranged with the rest of my family, so whether or not they approved wouldn't matter to me.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 07:32 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #4
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

No, we don't like foreigners.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 07:32 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Arrow I never realized this

I just realized that I have never dated a white girl. All of the girls I have had relationships with were either black, hispanic, or asian. I guess it never dawned on me that some people would see this as a problem. Is it really that serious of an issue?
Dyce_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 07:40 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #6
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
Is it really that serious of an issue?
I'd say it depends on where you live. It's probably not as big of a deal to date outside of your race in Texas than it is in say....Alabama.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 07:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

I guess this issue would mean more to me because I live in North Carolina. 90% of my neighborhood is white, 90% of my school is white, most of my friends are white.
Old 24-07-2004, 07:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #8
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Very true Kelsey...

I guess I just took for granted living in a very tolerant city (4th largest in US). That still doesn't mean there isn't a somewhat small faction made up of those ignorant ones who are not quite so tolerant. But I'm sure its much better here than most other places.
Old 24-07-2004, 07:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Arrow Cfc

It's funny that you are from NC, because I'm listening to Petey Pablo right now. It must be cool to have a musical artist completely represent your state. All we have is Lil' Flip and Scarface since Beyonce turned her back on H-Town. You know of Petey Pablo, right?
Old 24-07-2004, 07:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
IThat still doesn't mean there isn't a somewhat small faction made up of those ignorant ones who are not quite so tolerant.
There are quite a few people here that are like that. I was just trying to find out what it is like for people in different parts of the world.
Old 26-07-2004, 12:24 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

It would probably kill...

...my father. Sadly, as much as I'd like to disagree with the "Alabama" reference in an earlier post, I would be wrong. He is originally from Alabama, as is most of my family. Gay might be easier than black.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:33 PM   #12
kilyncw

well my fam is white, and my stepdad isn't totally racist but doesn't believe in the mix. and my sister is engaged and pregnant to a black guy. so uh my mom is cool with it. my real dad is cool with it but my stepdad who calls the shots at the house yeah the baby won't be allowed there nor the husband.
________
Public movie
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #13
johnnyboy

I'd call that racist

My parents dont give a flying fuck whether i date a black, white, hispanic, girl, they are cool that way
Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 AM   #14
NearokA

Whoa, there are koreans here?

Well then, ahn young hae sae yo motherf***ers!

Yea, I mostly grew up in the states, and believe it or not, it's still pretty racist here. When I was younger, I had to deal with people always calling me chink, china man, or gook. It was hard and I've had to endure a lonely childhood. I also had to deal with these ignorant white people not having any clue where korea is (no offense to anyone intended).

Typical conversation:
white guy: So, like, where are you from?
me: korea.
white guy: Is that like in china or something?
me: no, but it's near there.
white guy: O, so you mean like japan?
me: (sigh) -.-
(leaves)

To stay on topic, my mother is very consevative korean. She only accepts korean girls, and no other. Although if I dated someone of a different race, should would not stop me. She would just give me disappointing looks. My dad and my grandmother, on the other hand, don't really care. In fact, my grandmother encourages me to meet other people of different races.

Personally, I don't really have any problems with white women or women from other races. I don't think they really care just as long as you're beautiful and have a good sense of humor and style. I find these things essential:

(1). Personal Hair stylist. My hair stylist just happens to be a white woman who's into punk and goth. She's really great and fun to talk to. She has a different flair for style than most other people. Besides, she keeps me looking like a gorgeous super model for only $60 every 3 months (I get my hair colored too). I thinking a three tone brown for this quarter.

(2). Workout. This really pertains to you and not attracting other women. You see, having extra lean muscle really boosts self confidence. And that extra self confidence boost really helps in getting the ladies. I think women key into that on a subconcious level.

(3). Clothes. Style is really important. Picking the right watch, the right shoes, etc. really says alot about a man. On a positive note, at least you won't be bored to tears when she takes you out shopping.

My english is really good. In fact, it's the subject I really excel at besides math and the sciences. And I've taken a fondess for things like poetry, playwrights, and of course, philosophy. English was my first language, and I speak a very broken korean. Of course, my parents would never have me major in anything other than engineering, medical doctor, or dentist. But that's an entirely new topic.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote