Trailer for The Duchess.... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 26-12-2007, 10:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
kingdumbass

Trailer for The Duchess....

http://movies.aol.com/movie/the-duchess/32364/main

Yup....
There you go.
Old 26-12-2007, 10:49 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #2
Leonie
Elle

Hmmm. Not too convinced about the acting in the trailer, but perhaps that's got to do with the snip snap nature of it all.

It sure does look good.
Old 30-12-2007, 11:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
kingdumbass

Yeah, that's pretty much my view, as well....
Old 01-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Nell
Newcomer

I was quite disappointed when I saw this trailer to be honest.

I adore Keira and I have a huge thing for Ralph Fiennes and I was really excited about them being in a film together. It would be nice to see Ralph with someone half his age instead of twice his age for a change. My disappointment could have a lot to do with their lack of chemistry, at least in the trailer, but then again they're not supposed to have chemistry because they're unhappily married.

I thought it looked rather like your average period piece and I wasn't very intrigued by the characters, storyline or anything else. Let's hope it gets better the more footage we get to see.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #5
peach

I agree, it didn't make me want to see the film. Still like to go watch it. Seems better from reading what it is about.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
Nell
Newcomer

I know, that's what I thought. I was really insanely looking foreward to this film - and this trailer was just a big bummer to me.

But then again, to be fair; Ralph Fiennes choses his films carefully. He rarely misses, his films are usually cheered for by critics (okay, he slipped at Maid In Manhattan, but we're all alowed one second chance right?). Let's hope this time won't be different! His upcoming film In Bruges is already getting a lot of praise while during the filming the entire crew thought it would be crap... so maybe The Duchess will prove us wrong.

I just hope it isn't as much of a stereotype period piece as I think it is. And I just hope Keira and Ralph's scenes together aren't as awkward as they looked to me in the trailer.
Old 21-10-2008, 03:17 AM   #7
artsydoll
Newcomer

I saw the movie a while ago. Keira was good in it and the costumes are beautiful
artsydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #8
keiraRules

Smile

i have never read much about this or the bigraphy befroe so i don't know if it runies it for history fans etc.. but i do known i it really good if you love period films and is a keira knightley fans as i think this is one of her best acting wise (personally i like her perfomance hear better than in pride and prejudice) so if you like keira WATCH IT as its good and it a good period film i not to great on these type of films but i still really liked this very much wayyy more then i thought i would.

oh and another think most of you already known keira has just been nomited for an BIFA award (her first award nomition for the duchess) but did anyone see who the Jury people are , what do you think keiras chances are

Simon Relph
Anne Marie Duff (James McAvoy's wife)
Tor Belfrage
Shaheen Baig
Xavier Marchand
Cat Villiers
Gina Carter
David Lawson
Abi Morgan
Paul Andrew Williams
Rankin
Joe Wright
Christopher Simpson
Mark Strong
Eva Birthistle
Col Needham

it says on the website rules: All nominated films will be viewed by the Jury. The winners will be decided by a secret ballot. In the case of a tie, a deciding vote will be cast by the Jury Chairperson.
keiraRules is offline   Reply With Quote