Potc4? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 13-02-2007, 10:52 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1
Digital_Ice

Potc4?

I'm feeling idle, so all you are getting is a cut and paste job...

Quote:
Plans Underway For Pirates Of The Caribbean 4

Pirates Of The Caribbean Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly are on course for a fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean movie, according to the film's writer.

Terry Rossio reveals plans are afoot to make another sequel for the hit franchise but fans may have to wait a few years to see it.

After making sequels two and three back to back, Rossio feels sure Depp and company will get the chance to ditch their sea legs for a while before returning for a fourth installment.

He tells movie news website MovieHole.net, "It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture - there are forces in play to make it happen, and forces in play to make it not happen.

"I think we will try to write a screenplay. I can't say if we'll be able to solve the challenge of making a good fourth film, or if our screenplay will be enough to get a film made."
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index....f_the_caribb_4
Old 13-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
mongoose

I don't know if the 4 part will be that succesful, because the scenario was meant for a trilogy. And now writing a new scenario might not be that good. But as they say It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture it might get something out. I would love to see them in another Pirates film.
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 01:10 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
I don't know if the 4 part will be that succesful, because the scenario was meant for a trilogy. And now writing a new scenario might not be that good. But as they say It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture it might get something out. I would love to see them in another Pirates film.
Actually, it wasn't. Rossio and Elliott wrote the first to be a stand alone film, but its runaway success prompted the "trilogy". From what I understand, a lot of the second and third films' script wasn't even completed before they began shooting.
This may become like Star Wars and go to six if it keeps printing money like it has. Of course, the Star Wars films were always meant to be more than a trilogy.
Old 13-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Kuuchan
Newcomer

I read about it, but I think it's rather stupid...i hate the fact they did a new indiana jones after so many years, it would probz make me hate pirates afterwards. I love the first 2 parts and I'm so excited about the new one, but someday, it has to end ~ it's like lord of the rings...and I'm happy they didn't make a 4th one (if jrr tolkien had written 4 books)... well, nuff said. I would stick with 3 only...:icon_err:
Kuuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 07:46 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuchan View Post
(if jrr tolkien had written 4 books)
he did. it was called "the hobbit"
Old 13-02-2007, 09:36 PM   First Class Member #6
DanMan

Actually J.R.R.Tolkein worte "The Hobbit" between the world wars.
It was successfull so he was asked to write more about hobbits.
The result after 10 years of writing was the Lord of the Rings,
intended to be one book like "War and Peace". The publisher
insisted it be broken into 3 books as they didnt think it would
sell as one. The Lord of the Rings didnt do all that well for nearly
20 years. It was popular on college campuses in the U.S.
in the 60s and 70s before most of the general public in the
States knew about it.
DanMan is offline   Reply With Quote