My Boss Is A Wanker... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 18-12-2006, 08:04 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1
Digital_Ice

My Boss Is A Wanker...

This thread is insipired my an msn rant i had at Mandy this morning, it's a thread to vent your frustrations at your boss/teacher/superior giving reasons as to why they've pissed you off latley.

I shall go first;
I've never had a day off work sick,
I've hardly taken any of my holiday (cept a couple of days for the OMGWTFKKWBBQ) because every time I try he makes some excuse as to why we are too busy,
I've never been late for work (cept one day that the traffic was appauling, but I worked the time back again),
So today, I feel like shite, and my mum convinces me to call in sick, so I do,
and he basically says, its only an xmas bug, come in anyway,
He is refusing to give me a day of sick,
He's making me walk in, in the cold and wet, for an hour,
To do a nine hour shift, on my own essentially,
then to walk home again for an hour....
Old 18-12-2006, 08:19 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

^^Of course you said all that and I didn't reply because I fell asleep. Which leads to MY rant:

Don't get a dog. They like to wake you up at 3am by barking intensely at some random sound in which you can't get back to sleep.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 03:14 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #3
acliff
llama llama duck

When I become rich and successful, I'm going to hire Ice to work for me, and pay him well. I will no doubt still treat him like dirt.

What I'd suggest to Ice is to stay for as long as you reap the benefits i.e. rinse the discounts, additional perks (if any) and then move onto sales at a higher level. Retail level sales can be a real bastard, managers like to be king of their own little world, and treat their better staff worse, because they can get more quality work out of them for the same as they're paying the worthless ones who they can't find grounds to fire and replace. I don't know the job availability in your area, but I can think of plenty of things which would suit your skills, that are likely to pay you more.
Old 19-12-2006, 05:15 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
Digital_Ice

im doing a twelve hour shift tomorrow.....
Old 23-12-2006, 04:54 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #5
Foeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
im doing a twelve hour shift tomorrow.....
Bah, thursday I had 13 hours, friday 15 and today somewhere between 16 and 17 hours.
Old 23-12-2006, 05:46 AM   #6
Fancyman
Pimp

the thing with shit jobs is you have to put your foot down. its tough cause youre afraid of getting fired, but theyre usually bluffing. ive worked for a grocery store for over 4 years. i used to bust my ass: no call ins, worked holidays, came in early, stayed late...and thats what they came to expect, they WILL take advantage of you. after wondering how my incompetant coworkers kept their jobs, i realized i was wasting my energy. i have since told them i make my own schedule, i do enough work so im one of the better employees but thats it.

ice, i know you cant go from ole dependable to slacker without drawing attention, but start picking your battles man. if youre sick you have the final say pull out the old projectile diarrhea trick and he'll beg you to stay home.
and the other two escaped with minor injuries.
Fancyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 10:26 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #7
Digital_Ice

nope. same shite pay as every other day
Old 20-12-2006, 07:32 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #8
Digital_Ice

nothing better has come along yet, constantly looking, all the jobs i want require having your own car. so untill i pass my test, im stuck there. no point quitting a crap job to go to another crap job
Old 07-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #9
Chillout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
This thread is insipired my an msn rant i had at Mandy this morning, it's a thread to vent your frustrations at your boss/teacher/superior giving reasons as to why they've pissed you off latley.

I shall go first;
I've never had a day off work sick,
I've hardly taken any of my holiday (cept a couple of days for the OMGWTFKKWBBQ) because every time I try he makes some excuse as to why we are too busy,
I've never been late for work (cept one day that the traffic was appauling, but I worked the time back again),
So today, I feel like shite, and my mum convinces me to call in sick, so I do,
and he basically says, its only an xmas bug, come in anyway,
He is refusing to give me a day of sick,
He's making me walk in, in the cold and wet, for an hour,
To do a nine hour shift, on my own essentially,
then to walk home again for an hour....
Sucks to be you.