Bush: Hate Him or Love Him (split from UK terror thread) - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #1
jackenton
Newcomer

It's all "bushes" fault!!! lol Clinton never had these much problems.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:36 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Yeah...terrorists didn't exist before Bush came along.

All that nonsense with the IRA and the bombings in Israel, those were just in our imagination. And Clinton never had to deal with, say, a bomb attack on the foundations of the World Trade Centre by Al-Qaeda (why does that name sound familiar?) or the same organisation bombing US embassies around the world. Those Tomahawks launched into Afghanistan were all just a dream we had. Bush is the root of all evil.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Yeah, Bush is also extremely incompetent. A lot of people are wondering why they wanted him to be the prez. Sort of like how Lex Luthor is the president.

Apparently my friends dad was gonna be on one of the planes that was targeted. She said something like that, her dad might've been one of the pilots...
Old 12-08-2006, 07:27 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #4
acliff
llama llama duck

I don't believe that Bush is as incompetent as we are led to believe.

Anyways, its good to see the British Intelligence system working effectively.
Old 13-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
Leah

If you don't think Bush is incompetent you haven't been watching. The man is dumb and incapable of running a country...or a toaster oven for that matter. Have you heard him speak? My favorite example of Bush's ignorance is this "Is our children learning?" HELLO how ironic that the president of a world super power can't seem to use proper grammar...or even notice when he's wrong... how ironic that that president, seemingly fighting a war against terror and nuclear weapons, can't manage to say "nuclear weapons" without mispronunciations. It makes me a little scared that my IQ is higher than that of the man that holds my future in his hands.
Old 13-08-2006, 12:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #6
Swordsman
Voted Best!

We also invaded the wrong country. Bush is going to be a worse president than Buchanan.
Old 13-08-2006, 04:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #7
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
It makes me a little scared that my IQ is higher than that of the man that holds my future in his hands.
Don't worry, he may not do to well with the whole 'words and language' thing, but he does put lotion on his hands three to four times a day. So you're in good hands. You're in good, moisturized, soft, and sweet-scented hands.
Old 13-08-2006, 11:04 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #8
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
If you don't think Bush is incompetent you haven't been watching. The man is dumb and incapable of running a country...or a toaster oven for that matter. Have you heard him speak? My favorite example of Bush's ignorance is this "Is our children learning?" HELLO how ironic that the president of a world super power can't seem to use proper grammar...or even notice when he's wrong... how ironic that that president, seemingly fighting a war against terror and nuclear weapons, can't manage to say "nuclear weapons" without mispronunciations. It makes me a little scared that my IQ is higher than that of the man that holds my future in his hands.
Most doctors, firemen, police officers have a lower IQ than we do. They hold our future in their hands far more often than any president. Bush is smart enough to realise that most of the decisions should be left to his advisors. Who are some of the smartest people on the planet.
The capability to speak well in public does not necessarily correlate to being good at running a country. I agree that a well spoken president would be far more charismatic and worthy of trust, but hey. I suppose I don't live in the US, and he's not my president, but from what I can tell, he hasn't actually fucked anything up internally.
Old 14-08-2006, 12:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #9
ryan

Quote:

and how old are you?
how well are you politically informed?

i cannot stand random people who try to slam the president because their friends do or because its the "in" thing to do.
those same people couldn't argue political issues if their life depended on it because they rely on others for their biased information.
it's like going to michael moore for information on gun control...why bother?

that's not meant to be an attack on you, but general people like those described above.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 12:56 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #10
acliff
llama llama duck

[quote=allied_assult]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Yeah...terrorists didn't exist before Bush came along.

They most certainly did. Bush wasn't the president when the World Trade Center was attacked the first time. I like the man and the terrorists are the ones that attacked us. So, it's not necessarily his fault we went to war. Plus, if we wouldn't have avenged what happened to the Trade Center in 2001 we would have gotten attacked again and again and the U.S. would have been a much worse to live.
Welcome to the wonderfully 'difficult to grasp' concept of sarcasm.
Old 14-08-2006, 01:04 AM   #11
allied_assult

Haha. Oops. I should read everything before i post something
Old 14-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #12
Leah

Though everything you say is completely true and accurate it doesn't make it okay. I don't think that Saddam's genocide on his citizens was okay either, I think how Bush handled this whole situation was wrong though. The reason people say "none of this happened when Clinton was in office" doesn't mean they didn't know of the terrorist attacks. I'm pretty sure we all remember the attacks on the embassies in Tanzania and Kenya. But Clinton handled it better he left fewer people angry and he kept his country as loyal to him as possible. When running a country it's a big deal to keep your country happy. Bush on the other hand doesn't handle the terrorist threats/attacks well because though he may try his best in those fields he does not try his best to do what is best for his own country.
And Of COURSE my views are biased. Wouldn't yours be? If everytime someone left the house you didn't know whether they'd be back again? If in every email they sent they told you about someone they had to shoot? or a friend that died? And that has NOTHING to do with media influence and it doesn't even relate to it because often when the media reports what's happened they weren't actually there, and they didn't actually have to fire a gun.
Old 14-08-2006, 03:16 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #13
Liam
Bogan Elite

The only thing wrong with the US-led invasions in the wake of the September 11 attacks was the lack of contingency planning. Having arguably the most powerful military in the world (I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Chinese and possibly the Russians have a stronger military) doesn't mean you don't need to plan for the bumps in the road. Everyone knew that resistance to an invasion from regular military forces would be relatively weak and that insurgency and resistance fighters would pose a greater threat to Coalition forces after the 'victory' announcement, yet it would outwardly appear that no great effort went into planning for it.

Clinton never had to deal with any sort of attack on the scale of those Bush faced in 2001, so the whole point of Clinton possibly handling the attacks better is moot. Don't pretend otherwise.

IQ has nothing to do with the ability to lead a country. Do you know exactly what Bush's IQ might be? I have an IQ of 152, does that make me a better leader than Bush? Should I be sworn into office straight away? Don't judge a man on his apparent inability to make a convincing speech. John Howard is hardly the most convincing man on the lecturn and he is the most successful Prime Minister our country has had for a long time. Our economy is going gangbusters, inflation is more or less under control, taxes are widely regarded as fairly moderate and our standard of living has never been better. All the while we are making valid and important contributions to the war effort, but I wouldn't expect anyone (except maybe the Brits) to have any sort of handle on what our military is doing.

Listen to Haz children. He might come across as a bit of a clown but the man is intelligent and educated, and holds well formed opinions on political topics.