Are you not a Keira fan if... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
Pearl

Are you not a Keira fan if...

You have a few slightly different opinions on Keira than everyone else does? I mean I think she's drop dead gorgeous and everything and a good actress, but sometimes Keira fans (Not saying here, but others) go a bit too far in defending her. It's as if you can't say one negative thing about her or you're considered less than a fan. It gets on my nerves.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:26 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
kingdumbass

I have noticed this also....
Keira seems to get a stronger reaction out of people, in general, than other actresses do. A lot of the people who like her REALLY like her, and are touchy about it when someone says something negative about her. And a lot of the people who don't like her REALLY can't fucking STAND her, and will cling to any reasons they can find for feeling that way.

She's unique among other actresses in that she really is an unusual combination of characteristics. Some of them would be considered by many as "flaws", but I think that's precisely the reason why she's compelling. If she were any different, she'd be...DIFFERENT. It's like a friend of mine recently remarked to me: "Dude, I don't know what it is, but she's just kind of WEIRD. Beautiful, and weird."

Anyway, that's why Keira will get attacked more harshly at times, which in turn just annoys her fans, and causes them to fly off the handle when defending her.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
Pearl

I see your point of view. Though it's hard to believe how obsessive some people can become over her. There are a few things about her I don't like, but that only makes her human. And idiots can't seem to understand this. Sure she is as close to a perfect looking woman as you can get, but she ISN'T perfect. If she were utterly perfect I woulnd't be able to stand her.

I hate how most people cannot fathom that, yes, someone CAN like (even love) her but yet have different views on her and not like some things she's done/did. It's really fucking annoying. It's people like this that make me just feel like saying "Fuck it all" and stop even discussing her period.

In one forum, I stated I thought she looked too thin in some pictures after someone made an anorexia comment and I was attacked so badly via PM I just didn't want to even think of Keira at all. I know it sounds really retarded and that most of her fans being assholes should not affect me liking her in anyway but that's how 97% of her fans make me feel.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:11 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
kingdumbass

What forum was it?
Was it the IMDB?

And I must admit that I do get annoyed when anorexia comments get thrown around about her. While I agree that she could stand to gain ten pounds or so, I don't like it when people start screaming about mental craziness. It just isn't nice. Keira should drink some milkshakes or something, if anything just to get people to shut up.

But you are right about Keira's fans tending to be assholes.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:41 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Mandy
Honourary Brit

And there's people like me who really don't think much of her at all but still hangs around a forum dedicated to her for God knows why.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:45 AM   Senior Registered Member #6
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Most of the regulars here are through the Keira phase, really.

I still think she's gorgeous, and I like to see her in movies, but I don't go insane over her.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
michael22
eternally screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
I feel like saying "Fuck it all" and stop even discussing her period. .

Fuck it all the closest thing to a coma the medicinal world has turned out so far.

Robin williams live on broadway
Old 09-05-2006, 01:47 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
You have a few slightly different opinions on Keira than everyone else does? I mean I think she's drop dead gorgeous and everything and a good actress, but sometimes Keira fans (Not saying here, but others) go a bit too far in defending her. It's as if you can't say one negative thing about her or you're considered less than a fan. It gets on my nerves.
This is not reserved for Keira, but fandom in general.
I used to mod an Alabama Crimson Tide sports forum. Same deal. If someone questioned a coaching decision, all hell would break loose and the Kool-Aid drinkers would begin pounding their chests and bragging about how long they've been fans. And, if you disagreed with them, you were less of a fan.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #9
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

Slightly off-topic, but Mandy makes an interesting point. It seems that all the regulars here haven't discussed Keira for well over a year, with newcomers either disappearing or similarly ceasing their temporary Keira obsession and staying for the community. Maybe KKW puts everyone off Keira. Good job, there.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #10
BrunoJA

I sense evil in this place.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:11 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #11
Mandy
Honourary Brit

So it's either leave or pretend that we're obsessed with her.

At least we still post.

Last edited by Mandy; 09-05-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:17 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #12
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
Slightly off-topic, but Mandy makes an interesting point. It seems that all the regulars here haven't discussed Keira for well over a year, with newcomers either disappearing or similarly ceasing their temporary Keira obsession and staying for the community. Maybe KKW puts everyone off Keira. Good job, there.
We have been lead astray ever since our might leader Sir Baz disappeared into a cockpit, possibly with beer. Lead us, Lord Bazzle, for we are lost.

And stuff.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
Idle

Quote:
Slightly off-topic, but Mandy makes an interesting point. It seems that all the regulars here haven't discussed Keira for well over a year, with newcomers either disappearing or similarly ceasing their temporary Keira obsession and staying for the community.
I think that's quite normal. If newcomers to a forum enjoy the general chatter of the regulars they'll stick around and post. And if it wasn't what they were looking for they'll go elsewhere.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #14
jeff--

I defend her when my friends make fun of her or whatever just to piss me off, but I know she has flaws and I recognize that fact. So I don't think I go overboard in defending her.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
I think that that is very true. I came here only a couple months ago and first posted on the forum "To Keira With Love" about how i had a thing for her. I no longer feel like that, or at least it's not that big a deal anymore. I think it might be the fact that after you read that so many people are so very similar to yourself it just doesn't seem to be such a big deal to you.

When people talk trash on her around me i defend her but then again the person saying it probably a douche with bad tastes in movies...because she's good at acting.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #16
Katielondon
Jezebel

personally i think shes great but i understand that people have thier own opinions and i accept that about anything, the world would be a pretty boring place otherwise, so if someone says something negative about her i just let them get on with it, if they ask what i think i will say i think shes great, i wouldnt try defending her to someone that hated her as that would be like someone trying (for example) to tell me Coldplay make good music.
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
Pearl

I only tend to defend her when people talk garbage about her and constantly. Like my family (sisters, brother, etc) really hate her and think she's ugly. THey hate coming into my room cause I have posters and magazine clippings littering my wall with her. My brother is constantly saying how I like her because she looks just like a boy and that no man in their right mind would date her.

This coming from a guy, too. I couldn't believe it. Only him and my sisters boyfriend think she's the ugliest woman alive. So yeah, when they rag on her I tell them they're just jealous.