Cheating - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 14-07-2004, 10:04 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #1
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Cheating

I was listening to "Scotty Doesn't Know", and although it's one of the funniest songs I've ever heard, I think it's sad and so I was thinking about it. In Newsweek last week, the cover article was about how more and more women are having affairs, and today on AOL is a very similar article. I would like to know your opinions on those who cheat on the person they are with, whether you think it's okay under certain circumstances, do you cheat, etc. Stuff like that. We needed a new thread for this board.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 10:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Pygmalion
Pissed

Well I cheated on my current partner and still regret it.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 11:08 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #3
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I'm TOTALLY against cheating on someone, I think it's so disrespectful. One guy a few months ago that I was really interested in cheated on his girlfriend with me, but I didn't know it. We'd hung out a few times, and we were really attracted to each other then...some stuff happened...and afterwards, he said, "My girlfriend would kill me if she found out I cheated on her." Yeah, I left after that, and never talked to him again. It still makes me feel gross when I think about it.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 12:11 AM   #4
Pinkfairy

My boyfriend recently cheated on me. He says he was drunk and he's sorry. I am sure he is because the other girl is really ugly. So I wanted to know why guys would do that. I, too, would like to know why people would cheat on their girlfriends/boyfriends. I really can't think of a reason, but I often ask myself why. I don't know if I should get back with him, cause he seems really sorry, but he might do ot again.
Pinkfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 01:02 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ok...well...we all know lust is a natural human response, so I don't think anyone should be condemned for having lust towards someone other than their partner. But I do believe in the following:

1) Looking is one thing, as is flirting, but cheating is wrong per se, as it's disrespectful and hurtful. It's just plain wrong. No ifs, no buts, if you love someone, you don't cheat.

2) If you do fancy someone else and see no future for your current relationship, have the decency to break it off first.

3) If you haven't had the decency to do so, or had a moment of weakness where you gave into temptation (and as humans, we're all prone to mistakes so let's not be too harsh here...) at least have the decency to THEN be honest about it with your partner.

4) Lying about it does not make it hurt any less, as eventually the truth will out and having a partner hate you is far better for THEM than having them become so distrustful because of the lies that their future relationships are ruined. Sod what's easy for you for a change, do the right thing by your partner, especially if you claim to love them.

5) For me it's only morally bad for the person who has the partner, not the other party...they are, in my view, under no moral obligation to not go with a person who has a partner...it's the one with the commitment who is under an obligation to do the right thing. Perhaps it's a little selfish and disrespectful to the person's partner, but sod it, it's a dog-eat-dog world and we all have to be a little selfish when it comes to third parties who we don't really give a rat's arse about.

(This is sort of a rushed post so if I think of anything else, I'll edit it)
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 03:03 AM   #6
Pinkfairy

You're right Haz. My ex boyfriend broke #1,2, and 3. The truth did come out, but he still won't explain exactly what happened because he claims he was drunk. I don't know what to believe anymore. I know that when I get drunk, I don't remember a thing the next day (which is why I don't drink that much now) but I do know that I never cheated on him so it means that however drunk a person is, you still have a vague idea of what you're doing. And the third party really isn't to blame, but knowing how much it hurts someone I know I'd never get involve with someone with a partner.

Last edited by Pinkfairy; 18-07-2004 at 12:30 AM.
Pinkfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 09:25 AM   #7
Mickydrip
Newcomer

If you should know I cheated once and I dont regret it I finally got this old girl that i used to like and at this party we ended up pashing put thats not the point when i done it she had told her freind so I thought I should go tell my gf before she finds out from someone else.So I go and tell her one night at her house and she isnt upset she just goes "well I know you used to like her and it was a one of thing, but Since you told me that I should tell you that I have been cheating on you for a week now".So when she said this I was stumped, anyway we broke up the next day.But so you know guys or girls normally cheat if they are bored with their current realonship like if they havent progressed, they are look for new thrills, sometimes even to see how it differs and too see if he/she likes it better and to see if they relasionship can survive something like that.------Mind the punctuation
Old 17-03-2005, 04:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #8
Scott

Never cheated on any of my girlfriends, and I've never been cheated on. I have however been dumped because they liked someone else. That's teenage romance for ya!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfairy
My boyfriend recently cheated on me. He says he was drunk and he's sorry. I am sure he is because the other girl is really ugly. So I wanted to know why guys would do that. I, too, would like to know why people would cheat on their girlfriends/boyfriends. I really can't think of a reason, but I often ask myself why. I don't know if I should get back with him, cause he seems really sorry, but he might do it again.
Never go back with a "cheater." You called him your "boyfriend". Boyfriends come and go. You deserve someone totally committed to you. Not someone who goes out and gets drunk and gets laid. AIDs is real. Do you want to die a horrible death because your "boyfriend" can't keep his pants zipped when he has a few beers?

If you go back to a "cheater" what message does that send? That you will be there like a little puppy dog waiting just in case he decides to come f*&k you this evening instead of his "Friday night woman?" (This is the definition of a woman who needs help. )

Never go back to a "cheater" unless you totally have his huevos in lockdown AND you have gone through months and months of counseling to determine why he unzipped his pants. If he can't hold his liquor, you don't want him anyway. A drunk is always going to have an excuse for whatever he wants to do. (including "hitting you".)

You haven't married this scuzball, get off his train. Go no further without his being so in love with you that he "can't get it up" for anyone else. (You can train him using ropes, chains, and whips so he will never git it up for anyone else... )

Remember, Drunks Lie! They can find a reason why it wasn't their fault no matter what the situation is. Do you want to live with a liar? What did he tell you? He told you it wasn't his fault... He was drunk! What he did when he was drunk could easily kill you. And you didn't even taste the beer... But you're dead just the same. What kind of "man" is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfairy
<snip> because the other girl is really ugly. <snip>
There are no ugly girls in bars at closing time... But that's where all the ugly men are...

Locate song written by Lee "Hatrick" Hetrick and covered by Willie Nelson. "I went home last night at two with a ten, and woke up this morning at ten with a two." Play it repeatedly while watching reruns of "Cleopatra 2525" or "Firefly", or "Serenity"... (Movies and TV Shows featuring Strong Women.)

A "Sex Expert's" opinion and a really informative way to waste an evening.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"

Last edited by dave; 24-02-2006 at 03:26 AM. Reason: To add an expert opinion to back up my thoughts.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2006, 04:29 AM   #10
dave

If it isn't too much trouble, how did this work out? Were those of you who cheated able to get beyond it, or did you just not tell?

And, PinkFairy, did you find a better lover?

"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:49 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Smart girl. The past should be left behind you, where it belongs.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #12
alby

My thoughts on cheating: Yeah, don't do it. You should just end your relationship since you hate it so much.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 01:32 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #13
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

I've never cheated and never been cheated upon.
I like to think that's good karma in action.

Don't do it kids.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 04:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
ryan

id break up with the person if i was tempted to cheat on them.
i'd like to think i'd never cheat on anyone, but i shouldn't say never. things always change.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2004, 08:10 PM   #15
MarkOB

Cheating is not acceptable at all. When I say cheating, I include swingers, I include a guy sleeping with another woman to try and help her get pregnant, I include... er, how can I put this?... sleeping with multiple people at the same time

Cheating, in any form, is unacceptable.

That's my verdict.
MarkOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2004, 08:17 PM   #16
kilyncw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOB
Cheating is not acceptable at all. When I say cheating, I include swingers, I include a guy sleeping with another woman to try and help her get pregnant, I include... er, how can I put this?... sleeping with multiple people at the same time

Cheating, in any form, is unacceptable.

That's my verdict.
alright dude i agree with you completely but you are 14. seriously where is your basis for any relationship advice/status/comment?
________
IPAD GUIDES
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #17
MarkOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyncw
alright dude i agree with you completely but you are 14. seriously where is your basis for any relationship advice/status/comment?
My basis for advice/status/comment is that I've not had the experience, and so I'm above those people who care more about what their pants think to what their head thinks.
MarkOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 05:38 PM   #18
kilyncw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOB
My basis for advice/status/comment is that I've not had the experience, and so I'm above those people who care more about what their pants think to what their head thinks.
don't change your thoughts as you get older and you'll do alright.
________
Vaporizer Forum
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 06:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #19
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Argh i HATE cheaters! i would NEVER do it & i would never stay with anyone who did it to me.. i think its totally disrespectful... my friend was chated on & HATED her ex.. but what is she doing now? sleeping with this girl who has a long term gf... JEEZ.not on!!!

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #20
Cirindius

Cheating is wrong. I don't cheat and I don't like cheaters. Good riddance to my x-gf. 'effing slut!
- Obsession with technology and the open seas
Cirindius is offline   Reply With Quote