help neede especially from girls - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 24-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
SHIZON

help neede especially from girls

Ok I have been dating my girlfriend for about four years now. All of a sudden she says she has to date other people before she can go further in the relationship, but also says I am doing nothing wrong. I don't want to date other people and if she wants to I don't want to date her. Why does she have to give up something good. We have been faithful to eachother and all has been well for a long time. What do you think I should do , and keep in mind I don't want to date other people.

Thanks in advance
Old 24-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #2
Lizzie Bennet

Well it seems to me that there are two possiblities as to why she has decided to do this. One: She is lying when she says nothing is wrong or Two: She really cares about you and possibly thinks you could be the one. If it is the latter then she probably just wants to date other people to make sure that you are the one for her. Sometimes before people really decide to commit, they need reassurance that the feelings they are feeling towards someone are true, that they can not feel these strong feelings toward anyone else.

It seems to me that if she wants to date others the only thing you can do is let her go and hope that if you two are meant to be together she will come back after a short period of time. I am sorry I could not be of more help.
Lizzie Bennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
SHIZON

thank you for your input. This is sort of the same thing I have been thinking. Maybe I will have to set her free and see if she returns :icon_err:
Old 24-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #4
Asudai

You should hire a bunch of guys to go on dates with her, and be complete jackasses... then you'll look awesome and all will seem well again =)......

Until one of the hired dates decides he loves your girlfriend, turns off the jackass, turns on the charm, and challenges your position as "The Boyfriend"! When it seems you are winning the game, he will drop the bomb and tell her all about the deal you made with him. He will apologize and give the classic "It started out as a job, but it's turned into so much more than that" line, and she'll buy it and leave you....

A few months down the road, after numerous attempts to show that you only did it out of misguided love and the best intentions, she'll see what kind of conniving jerk this guy really is and come crawling back to you =D

ok... it may not work in real life, but I claim rights to the movie

::EDIT:: Afterthought - After rereading it it seems kind of anti-climactic, but I'll work the kinks out and get back to you
--for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.--

Last edited by Asudai; 24-11-2005 at 10:29 PM. Reason: afterthought..
Asudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 02:58 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Pygmalion
Pissed

Dump her uncommitting ass. Evidently the relationship doesn't mean that much to her.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 03:10 AM   #6
Asudai

I wouldn't say that, if the relationship didn't mean anything to her, she would break it off. But apparently it does, she just wants to have her cake and eat it too...

Now I don't know how well you should take being her back up plan, but that's completely up to you =/

Don't listen to me though, I haven't been in a relationship in about 6 or 7 years, what the hell do I know?
--for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.--
Asudai is offline   Reply With Quote