Was the war on Iraq right? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

View Poll Results: Was the war on Iraq right/just?
YES! 8 34.78%
NO! 15 65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2005, 04:21 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1
Foeni

Was the war on Iraq right?

Some time ago I started a thread whether the coalition should still have troops in Iraq. Almost everyone made a note about how wrong/right that war is, so why not have a thread for that purpose. Whas it right to attack Iraq? Personally I think yes. The reasons may not have been put very well, but I think that when Saddam the didn't coorporate with the International Nuclear dudes (sorry, I don't know the English name for that institution) as the resolution (I think it's number 1442, not sure though) demanded, we had to put some weight behind our threats. How is anyone ever going to be able to respect any resolution again? Plus we all know that Saddam have tried to develop nuclear arms earlier (a defected scientist has said that Iraq would have had them in 1993 if it wasn't for the Gulf War), and what would have stopped him from using them? He has committed crimes against humanity before.

Now, a lot of Europeans find that Bush's arguments for going to war was poor, but I don't know how the other world leaders presented the idea to their nation. Let's try and make this a proper discussion as the other Iraq thread was.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:25 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #2
acliff
llama llama duck

Great entertainment!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:56 AM   Officer #3
DragonRat
Officer

Why didn't we invade North Korea then? They've been ignoring nuclear pacts for quite some time now. Perhaps it has something to do with Iraqi oil reserves vs. N. Korea's lack thereof.

(And you know what, oil prices are still skyrocketing. Three bucks a gallon... when's that oil coming over here anyway?)

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:23 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #4
Liam
Bogan Elite

We wouldnt mind some here, either.

To be fair, I think the North Korea thing has more to do with trying not to piss the Chinese and the Russians off too much.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
We wouldnt mind some here, either.

To be fair, I think the North Korea thing has more to do with trying not to piss the Chinese and the Russians off too much.
And invading Iraq's only got a bunch of nuthead suicide bombers hating Western countries even more.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:36 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
And invading Iraq's only got a bunch of nuthead suicide bombers hating Western countries even more.
They hated us enough to begin with. Anyway, what're you bitching about? Australia isn't "Western" it's further East than the Middle-East But seriously, don't tell me you believe that liberal bullshit? 9/11 occured WELL before this invasion of Iraq (and before people mention the first...for the record...UN-sanctioned, in order to liberate a Muslim country from invasion by another. No justification for an Islamist war against the "west"), and several other bombings occured well before. The Embassy bombings? USS Cole? The earlier WTC carbomb?

Terrorists like terror. War doesn't breed more of them at all, if anything it's actually lessened them. It shows a resistance and a desire NOT to be afraid. Plus there are reports showing support for Bin Laden in the Middle East has DECREASED since the war in Iraq. Reports done by WESTERN liberal newspapers who all have an anti-war stance and yet even they couldn't disagree with the findings.

Nuff said really.

Edit: I think voting "No" on this poll should be a bannable offence
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote