What movie have you seen today? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 19-07-2005, 07:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Richard
Dated

What movie have you seen today?

As promised, at least I can count on myself to keep this thread alive. That also means I'm going to double post sooner or later. This should be a cool topic (I see no reason why it won't be), and it let's us know which movies to avoid. Give your opinions as well as your rating for each film you see and care to mention.
Old 19-07-2005, 07:58 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Fantastic Four

What a stinker
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 09:09 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

***Caution-Spoilers for this side of the pond***

I haven't seen any movies today, but I watched The Hole Sunday night, starring some girl named Keira Knightley...maybe you've heard of her? The "holes" in the story were sort of distracting.

****Warning****Spoilers****Warning****Spoilers**** Warning****

-Liz would have never been allowed to go home after her stay at the hospital. There were three dead bodies in the bunker, one of which was an obvious homicide and another who was impaled on the ladder Liz used to escape. I'm not a detective, but I'm pretty sure they would have had their suspicions and would probably have charged her with at least an accessory.

-Mike kills Jeff when he hears him open a soda that he's been hording. This is after Jeff has complained of severe dehydration (and drank urine). That doesn't make sense. Was he going to wait until he died to drink them?

-Skeleton key? WTF? That lock could have picked with Keira's pinkie. Faced with the prospect of death by dehydration, I doubt that lock would have stood up to much picking before popping open.

-Martyn goes to his accusers house, winds up in the river and nobody thinks that odd? They just chalk it up to suicide? Seems like pretty shoddy detective work to me.

-Somehow, I doubt that a girl who was so obsessed with a boy could pull off such a cunning crime. She seems to go from pathetic obsession to calculating criminal pretty quickly. Cursory knowledge of the delusional mind reveals their inability to see a plan to fruition, which is what happened when Mike died. If she hadn't been delusional, she could have played off beating on the hatch and then...omigosh, it opened...rather than telling him that she had the key. However, the delusional mind is also incapable of the calculation needed to pull that sort of deception off, which, in turn, makes it all the more unlikely that she would have been able to get away with the crime as she did.

I know I'm thinking too much, but it felt like they were trying too hard to pull off a Usual Suspects type of mystery; where the real killer gives misleading clues to derail the investigation.
They failed.

Sorry if I ruined it for anyone who hasn't seen it.
I have it on tape if anyone wants it.
Old 19-07-2005, 09:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
Ashley

Moulin Rouge - I could watch that movie everyday

Finding Neverland - Wonderful movie

Million Dollar Baby - Good movie, pissed me off. But it was about to get a good, strong reaction out of me, which is the key point to all movies. Not something I could watch over and over again though

A Very Long Engagement - It took me two times to fully take in this movie. The first time I was confused, the second time I loved every minute of it.

Amelie - A Godsend of a movie

Empire Records - I love this movie, it's hilarious. If you haven't seen it, check it out.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 10:58 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #5
acliff
llama llama duck

Fight club
Princess Bride

Totally different films, both totally awesome
Old 19-07-2005, 11:00 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #6
Mandy
Honourary Brit

The Other Sister...pretty much the only way anyone knows who Juliette Lewis is.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 02:48 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Good Will Hunting
How I've managed to not see this is beyond me. Since I'm sure I'm the only one who hadn't seen it, I'll save the review and just say that I liked it.
Old 28-07-2005, 05:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #8
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Ok, I saw "Lost in Translation" at a much earlier time, and I have to say, I loved it. I originally dismissed this movie because, in 2003, I was on my Return of the King high-horse, and thought everything else sucked majorly. Now, after seeing this with an open mind, I thought it was a great piece of film. I laughed, I almost cried, and I thought the Tokyo skyline backdrops from the hotel were amazing. I'll have to buy it on DVD later, but this turned out to be a better movie then I expected it to be.

9.4/10
Old 29-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #9
Keyser_so_so

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this morning and loved it. Johnny Depp and co were all great in it, Tim Burton did another great job on his directing and it is very much recommended.
Old 29-07-2005, 10:18 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
Richard
Dated

Always (1989) Pretty good. This aired on TCM as the last movie to be shown in honor of Audrey Hepburn as star of the month. It's a nice romantic drama with a good blend of comedy which Spielberg has been known to do so well. Co-stars Richard Dreyfuss, John Goodman, and Holly Hunter.

Constantine (2005) Bad, but surely entertaining. FX overload is what it is. The director relied way too much on how "cool" every scene should look I don't think he gave much thought to anything else. Just how many times do we have to see Keanu walk towards the camera? Did I mention he's one of the greatest actors of our time? I can easily imagine the vast amounts of storyboards this movie must've went through. As for the film itself... the story just sucks. Why did this movie even get made? It took me a long time to figure out the plot I decided to think smart and give up. Rachel Weisz is great eye candy though.

Play Misty For Me (1971) Clint Eastwood's directorial debut, though it's not great, I found the film to be very effective storywise, and in my opinion, it was executed very well. It's been a while since I've seen Fatel Attraction, but Jessica Walter is freakin' scary. Although I thought the ending was a little rushed, I found it reasonable enough. You guys should check this movie out. Co-stars Clint Eastwood and Donna Mills.

The Apartment (1960) I don't have much to say about this film except that I liked it. It was nominated for 10 Academy Awards in 1960 and won 5 including Best Picture. Co-stars Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine.

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory (1971) Great movie, and the music was nice. I can totally sing along to it. I forgot how great this film was and it's now one of my favorite musicals. In high school, I remember someone having the nerve to tell me that I remind them of Charlie. Just absurd.
Old 29-07-2005, 11:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
frodo1511
Pin Dick

2 Fast 2 Furious-what a waste of film. The entire movie was all about having the camera do a close-up of someone shifting gears. Hell, most of the time, the cars were CG. Performances were laughable, but Eva Mendes was good to look at. I don't even know why I watched this movie.

4.3/10
Old 25-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #12
Aimee_Loves_You
Newcomer

Location: On My Way to Being a Famous Person...(like that will ever happen)
Um...

Maid in Manhattan... and Kingdom of Heaven...
And I'll no longer be a Capulet." ~Juliet
Score!:fencing:
Aimee_Loves_You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #13
TrueColours
Newcomer

The Corpse Bride....................just seen it for the 2nd time in 3 days hehe

TrueColours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 10:30 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Excalibur. Found it funny that I could see the dark shapes of the camera crew off of the knight's armor.
Old 13-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #15
seacaptain
Newcomer

I'm watching Domino right now, but i'm taking a break to make some popcorn.
seacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 07:39 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Supersize Me
:barfingsmilie:
Seriously. That shit made my heart hurt. I can't even look at fast food and I'm going to start going to the gym again. Not going vegan though. I don't want to be a whiny bitch like his girlfriend. We'll start with more fresh vegetables, less fast food and see where that takes us.

Last edited by hasselbrad; 30-08-2005 at 12:49 PM.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 03:17 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
Ashley

Charade Movie with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn... I really don't think should have to say anything else about this movie, but with some real younguns on this board I guess I will. It's a great movie. Kept me entertained on a lonely Saturday night.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Do whatever you need to to get this movie. It's without a doubt one of my top 5 favorite films of all time. I've seen it 5000 times and it still never gets dull or boring for me. Lord... I love this movie.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 04:19 AM   Officer #18
Renegade
Stock Boy

I saw Unfaithful. Diane Lane & Richard Gere are great in this film, along with that foreign actor Olivier Martinez. It has some great scenes, and I'm not just talking about the sex ones.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
Charade Movie with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn... I really don't think should have to say anything else about this movie, but with some real younguns on this board I guess I will. It's a great movie. Kept me entertained on a lonely Saturday night.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Do whatever you need to to get this movie. It's without a doubt one of my top 5 favorite films of all time. I've seen it 5000 times and it still never gets dull or boring for me. Lord... I love this movie.
Charade is my fifth favorite Cary Grant film, and my fourth favorite Audrey Hepburn film. It is a great movie.

Man... I should really watch Eternal Sunshine again. It seems everyone likes this movie.

Invisible Stripes (1939) A Bogart film. A nice one too. His TCM tribute is starting off well.

Edward, My Son (1949) What was most interesting about this picture is that the title role of Edward is a character we never see. But he's constantly mentioned through-out the film and gradually get's older by a sequence of birthday cakes that would appear every so often on screen; Happy 12, 17, 19, 21... birthday. Most of film's story evolves itself around the boy's father played by Spencer Tracy as he begins to have an affair with another woman and is ultimately faced with a divorce from his wife. I thought this was pretty good movie.

Eye Of The Devil (1967) This movie is so bizarre, it's also confusing. I hate that I didn't like this movie as much as I should, because it looks like a film I'm suppose to like... make sense? I think it was suppose to be a thriller, but it's story is lackluster to the point that anyone will give up and stop caring. Although, I thought the directing was nice and, in my opinion, Sharon Tate's first starring role is hardly a breakout performance. It's like a cross between "Rosemary's Baby" and "The Wicker Man". At one point when I was watching the film, I thought of those two movies. Skip this picture, you can do better.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:58 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Supersize Me
"Oh... I'm McNauseous."

Casablanca It took me so long to sit down and watch this movie, and it was all worth it. I wish they still made films like this It shows that you don't need curse words and boobies to make a great dramatic film.