|23-01-2005, 07:49 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
How to be a great girlfriend in 10 easy steps *NICE ARTICLE*
I find that somewhere else (hope i won't get in trouble for posting it here)
To most guys, There's Something About Mary was the perfect film about the perfect girlfriend: Someone who drinks beer, loves sports, smiles sweetly in the face of infantile behaviour and looks like Cameron Diaz. Granted, there's nothing you can do about the Cameron Diaz part, but here are some tips for turning yourself into the kind of gal that prompts guys to ask, "Why can't the women I date be as cool as her?"
in blue: a guy's answer
1. Know the league rules. Want to make a guy's jaw drop? Give him your blow-by-blow of the Arsenal/Man U showdown. Earn him a few quid on your World Cup predictions, and he'll propose to you faster than David Beckham's latest Lamborghini.
1. Who cares about soccer? A lot of guys don't care about sports at all (I'm not one of them), so sports isn't a big thing to stress. Plus, we like to try to explain the game to you.
2. Lose the coasters. These little frisbee things are the bane of a guy's existence; if you insist that he use one, you can't help but come off like a proper miss at a girl's academy. Which would you rather have: A boyfriend, or a smudge-free coffee table?
2. Who doesn't use coasters? Cavemen? Why would you want to date a caveman? Keep the coasters.
3. Laugh at his jokes. Even if they're stupid — especially if they're stupid — a guy's jokes are an irreplaceable token of his manhood. If you don't laugh, it's just like waving around a pair of knitting needles. Extra points if you fake a giggle fit in front of his mates.
3. This is the absolute worst thing you can do. I'd much rather have a woman bust my balls about a bad joke than fake-laugh at it. It shows that you're independent and have a brain, which is very, very sexy. And if you're quick enough to come back at me with a much better joke.... Definite keeper.
4. Share the wealth. Speaking of his friends, if you follow all the tips listed here, they're going to be very jealous that the two of you are an item — so coax out your single female pals every now and then and let everyone mingle. If nothing else, it's good karma.
4. This is a must. Sorry. You must try to hook your friends up with my friends. Plus it's fun to talk about.
5. Let him get lost. No, don't throw him out of the house. The next time you're out driving, and your boyfriend refuses to ask for directions, cut him some slack. Losing his way on the M5 is the closest he may ever get to the adrenaline thrill of skiing the Alps.
5. I don't know about an adrenaline rush. Just don't nag us about it. We're already annoyed with ourselves about getting lost (not that we let on about it) and when you start to criticize, it's just about all we can take
6. Flatter his ego. Whenever your boyfriend tells his latest tiresome tale about slaying some work-related ogre — or starts wondering whether, deep down, he's really suited for life as an epic poet — just tell him he's terrific and you believe in him 100 percent. Even if you don't.
6. Support is always nice, just don't make it fake.
7. Know when to stay home. No guy will come right out and say it — at least, no guy who wants to keep all his body parts — so if you pay extra-careful attention to your boyfriend's mood, you'll know when he wants to spend a night out with the gang by himself.
7. No, don't try to read signals, just ask. "Hey, is this more of a 'guys night out' thing? Because my friends are going dancing..." We'll let you know
8. Buy a round. If you do happen to be out with the gang, buying the next pitcher — or, better yet, turning everyone on to the kind of fancy drink (like Cosmopolitans) that only girls seem to know about — will instantly establish your cool-chick credentials.
8. I'm not sure this is necessary, but it would be cool on occasion.
9. Wear a baseball cap. You know how naturalists, when they want to infiltrate a pack of hyenas, dress in fur pelts? Not only will a baseball cap make you look sexy — especially if you wear it backward — but it'll do a lot to increase your boyfriend's comfort level.
9. This is retarded. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. If you're comfortable, we'll be comfortable.
10. Don't sweat the small stuff. The list is too extensive to include here, but are loose toenail clippings, unwashed towels, and torn jeans really worth a full-blown argument? Go with the flow, and you'll be surprised how often your boyfriend cleans up his dirty habits all by himself.
10. This is the best thing on the list. Just don't nag us and we'll be fine. In fact, if you offer to do it yourself (wash the towels, etc.) we'll often feel bad and do it ourselves
|23-01-2005, 04:51 PM||#8|
Join Date: Jun 2004
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|