King Arthur - Director's Cut - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 15-11-2004, 12:15 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #1
Oencross
Officer

King Arthur - Director's Cut

Seeing as how the new movie will be available December 21, 2004 on DVD. I thought this thread would be appropriate, because I've actually now seen the Director's Cut.

First off, I have to say it is a much better film than the one that was presented in theaters. Even though it is much better, there are still problematic scenes in the film and the ending is probably not what people expected. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but there is more explanation of what's happening linearly.

There is far more violence (in a good way), which was definitely reduced in the film, but the added and altered scenes in the film don't seem to really bring it to different conclusions at all. It's a bit of a disappointment in many ways, I was hoping that the Director's Cut would be more explanatory of all the relationships people had with each other because it still doesn't come off as clear as I expected it would.

I will say that if you are going to buy one of the two versions, buy the Director's Cut. If any of you have anything to say about my very obtuse and rather cloudy review of the Director's Cut (because I don't want to give away anything), feel free to post and ask for a PM on a particular intrest you have.
Oencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 12:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yup, already have the DC on my Xmas list. More violence is where it's at!
Old 15-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #3
Glare

I already "bought" this from a "store" a few days ago. AHAHAHAHA
Old 15-11-2004, 01:38 PM   #4
qzx00

Do they show more of the sex scene in the DC?? I want to see some boobs or a*s or something. That sex scene sucked.
qzx00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 08:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Narg
Westie Yobbo

No, the sex scene is the same, perv. :P
Old 16-11-2004, 09:03 PM   #6
kim

Does anyone know if the KA DVD has a full keira commentary? I hope so cos the keira commentary on the POTC DVD was brilliant. She is such a great flirt, in a good way, and i'd love to hear her taking the piss out of Ioan and Clive.
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #7
BumbleFlea

Keira's Guenevere

I had never noticed this foxy lady until the other night when I rented King Arthur. I got it coz I heard it was full of hunky guys & I was having two girls over for dinner so I figured, "Hunky guys for the ladies, swordplay for me: perfect!"
:fencing:
Then out comes Keira, looking like a younger, hotter version of Helena Bonham Carter; argh, what a babe!

When she came running out onto the battlefield in her little braided leather harness, I just hadta say, "See, now that's just HOT," which raised a giggle from the ladies...
Old 02-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
Keyser_so_so

I found the theatrical version pretty average, so hopes were high for the Director's Cut. It marginally improves it- but is still lingering in average-ness.

Sorry if you like it- it's just an opinion.
Old 26-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #9
Kathleen

I only saw the director's cut and thought the whole movie was good. Clive Owen was great in that role. Kiera complained that her body became very muscular and alot bigger than usual, did anyone else think she looked pretty much the same? I think she still looks quite small in the film and couldn't notice any changes.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
DarknessOfDeath
Newcomer

I have the theatrical version of KA. Im trying to find the DC version of it.
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
Madonna
Newcomer

Is very good film.From this film i became a fan of Keira)
Madonna is offline   Reply With Quote