Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #246
da bahstid
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bahstid View Post
Eh may as well throw some more information out before I go hit the bars...

2011 on pace to set record for most expensive year for natural disasters

"The United States has seen eight weather disasters this year exceeding $1 billion each in damage, and the annual hurricane season has hardly begun...The record is nine in a single year, in 2008."

Oh hey, I forgot about this. Let's followup on how this little trend has been going...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...o-far-in-2011/

This article unfortunately doesn't include a separate count for those disasters that specifically exceed billion-dollar costs, but it says enough:

From Hurricane Irene, which soaked the entire East Coast in August, to the Midwest tornadoes, which wrought havoc from Wisconsin to Texas, 2011 has seen more billion-dollar natural disasters than any year on record, according to the National Climatic Data Center...

...Obama has declared more disasters 229 in the first three years of his presidency than almost any other president signed in their full four-year terms. Only President George W. Bush declared more, having signed 238 disaster declarations in his second term, from 2005 to 2009...

-end quote

Oh hey, funny how that just follows right along with what I previously posted.

It's called predictive power, something you start to establish when you follow science responsibly.
da bahstid is offline   Reply With Quote