Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Euro 2004
Thread: Euro 2004
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2004, 11:46 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #56
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

So why is it such a big deal to you? Because I don't give a shit about whether or not England wins? That would have been very nice if they had won (from what you say, you should have won, and since I *can't* watch the game, I have no other choice but to believe what you say), but since the results didn't go your way, excuse me for expressing my opinions and not-even-that-excited joy that Portugal won and will be moving ahead in this tournament.

As for not appreciating the English love of "soccer"...please. We are just as passionate about certain things as you are about football. I can completely respect the fact that you people are torn by the fact that your team didn't win. But now I ask you to respect the fact that I don't agree with you. And if you think the name of a country in blue letters with an exclamating mark somehow says it all, then you're mistaken. As for true supporter? How do you describe true supporter? I have a Portugal jersey, I can speak a little bit, I have a little Portuguese in my blood....who effing cares whether or not I dedicate my life to supporting their team?
I'm sorry that I offended you. I realize that this board is made up of mostly British people but I don't see how that makes a difference. The Americans on here (most of us) do a good job of putting up with your opinions on Americans and things important to the American people, so all I ask is that you return the favor. Just because this board is made up of mostly English, I'm not going to conform so I can make everyone else happy. I'll support whoever I want to support, taking the risk of offending whoever.

EDIT: This was supposed to go before Haz's post. And I can fully understand what "real" football means to you. I get upset at shit endings and chance happenings too. Triple Crown anyone?

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote