Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Fifa10
Thread: Fifa10
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:20 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

And here I was thinking this was a thread about the game...

If football were won on paper, Argentina would win it. With players like Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Tevez up front, Mascherano and Cambiasso in midfield and the likes of Demichelis, Heinze and Milito at the back, they have all the tools. They unfortunately also possess a manager singularly incapable of using them. But with Messi, anything is possible.

Italy and Germany are always dangerous in tournaments, France arguably have the two best wide players in the world right now (Ribery and Malouda) and then there's Holland, who despite their terrible record in major tournaments, still pose a threat, with players like Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder and Van Der Vaart. I doubt they'll win the tournament, but they could derail the hopes of the favourites on the way.

Portugal's fate will largely depend on Cristiano Ronaldo, much as England's will on Rooney. Unlike Portugal, however, England do have several other weapons, Joe Cole, Lennon, Walcott, Gerrard and Lampard. And I suspect Fifa's ideal scenario would be for the Ivory Coast to win the first ever world cup staged in Africa. I doubt they will, though.

I still believe it's hard to look past Spain. Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, Villa, Torres...they'll dominate possession and have the firepower up front to score goals. Their defence is good enough with that midfield.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote