Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - New Front Page
Thread: New Front Page
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
dave

Then I have a tiny (who the hell knows) suggestion. See http://www.kevo.com/profile/keiraknightley pay particular attention to "News and Web Feeds" and the "Add a Feed" section. The feeds I've put out there have kept Keira in the top 10 for the last couple of years. Now sometimes the articles aren't too relevant, because they merely mention Keira's name and really are about someone else, but that's no biggie. Just look over the source and see how much is involved. (God I love that "view source" button.) This would probably be appropriate for the second (or "News") page. No sense in messing up that beautiful front page, but no sense in actually having to administer a "News" page, either. The "News" page could have an administered section and an RSS grabber too.

Also see my other favorite lady (actually, I have thousands of favorite ladies, but that's because "I'm Going Straight To Hell"...) That would be "Nazanin", Nazanin Afshin-Jam Note that the RSS feeds include Nazanin's MySpace blog so whenever she makes a blog entry, this page picks it up. Now, dyslexic Keira might not start blogging tomorrow, but the capability would be awesome. In other words, this code stumblingly does the thing you are eliminating on the frontpage because nobody was doing it. (And I will give you "stumblingly," but look again at the kevo page. As I type this there are five stories, and the oldest one is nine hours old. Actually, if you hit the "more" button there are a hundred and the oldest is November 11th, a month and a half ago.)

Interesting, that seems to be one of the default formats for "Bing," the new Microsoft search engine. Check Keira Knightley on Bing and then go to "News".

And I switched to Coppermine for the pictures as soon as I understood what was going on because Coppermine is "Open Source" AND Coppermine plays movies. And with balloon flights, you need movies. I'll chase down that cpmfetch, thanks.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#

Last edited by dave; 30-12-2009 at 08:46 PM.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote