Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - The First Presidential Debate
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #23
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
Puh-lease. The Bible is not the be all and end all of morals. Thinking you're better than other people because you are a Christian, however, I think goes right in against the call for a lack of self-importance in your very Bible. Jesus didn't think he was the hottest thing going around, so why do a group of his followers think they get to ride the superiority wagon?
Sorry, I'm not a Christian except in the belief that All Religions Are One. I'm a Baha'i' which is sort of a Moslem, though not really. The Baha'i's are the ones that the Moslems hang whenever they can. But I'm really more of a Pantheist. I believe that God is Everything and Much More. And Christianity is currently one of the gentler Religions, that hasn't always been true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
I'd be terrified if there were even the slightest odds she might become my president.

<snip> I was willing to give him a chance, but Sarah Palin... I'm sorry, no. I'm sure she's just like everyone, and that's wonderful, but it doesn't in any way make one a worthy vice-president. <snip>

As always, of course, politics just turns into picking the lesser evil.
As long as you vote.

Personally, from what the Democrats have accomplished in the last two years, and because the financial meltdown isn't really a meltdown at all but the Politicians are beating that drum for all it's worth, and those chickens go home to roost at President Carter's and President Clinton's house, I'll keep watching.

If those twits actually pass that "bailout" we should erect a fence around Washington DC just to keep them from escaping and polluting the gene pool.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote