Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Bands Your Dad Used to Listen To
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #14
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Sorry brad, I was being sarcastic - I thought it was kind of funny that all your childhood music consisted of American male singers.
Marianne Faithfull is hard to forget.

Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon (who I am still having a secret affair with these days, but then I'm so Vain...) Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, Judy Collins. ... Ann Margret (She was Elvis's girl in "Viva Las Vegas, the cherry in the whipped cream pie on Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass's best Album, and she married James Bond, I certainly remember her, It's not always just the singing.), Peggy Lee (Fever by Otis Blackwood), Brenda Lee, (The Queen of New Orleans), Miss Judy Henski (High Flying Bird or The Salvation Army Song in Full Tilt Boogie Style), Speaking of Full Tilt Boogie,... Janice Joplin, Edith Piaf, Julie London, June Carter Cash and her whole Family, (especially her little sister Carlene Carter.) Kate Wolf, Loretta, Dolly, Tammy and Patsy Cline, Maria Muldaur and Buffy Saint-Marie, Melanie Safka (I've got a brand new pair of roller-skates, You've got a brand new key...) Nanci Griffith even Nancy Sinatra (who once put on her thigh high boots and walked out on me... "Are you ready boots? Start Walkin..."), Nicolette Larson, Nina Simone, Sandy Denny, Sarah Vaughan (with and without Quincy Jones "Broken Hearted Melody"), Sylvia Tyson, Teresa Brewer, Tina Turner, Vikki Carr, Carole King

And that's just from a cursory look at my memories.

And to balance that, there's a new reissue of some old Hoyt Axton, nothing new from Bob Dylan or Theodore Bikel, but I chased down a copy of Shel Silverstein's "I'm So Good That I Don't Have To Brag"...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AlbumArt.jpg (25.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg BackCover.jpg (41.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg ann_margret_gallery_main_4.jpg (49.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Album Art.jpg (39.7 KB, 41 views)

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote