Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Hello! Long Time Vistor, First Time Poster.
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 03:49 AM   #19
TheAnswerMVP2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
When I read the word "sparring" I somehow envisioned the term "cock fighting" in my head. And laughed at it. In my head.

Anyway, hi to Mr. Non-lurker Reviewer.

The first thing I noticed when I went into your site was "oooh...shiiiiny", and while the twinkle twinkle stars stupefied me for a minute or so, I read a few reviews and found them quite...well, sensible. Your blog is aptly named, though you don't seem to take much risks while writing, almost as though you were afraid of offending people. But that's just a thought, after all, I only read a couple and I tend to judge rather quickly.

that's my feedback, anyhow. Welcome to the forums, hope you have fun
Thanks! I'm not exactly sure what you mean by taking a risk in terms of my writing, my main goal is to basically show the positives and negatives of a film in hopes of giving people more information on a film they might be interested in seeing. Just because I don't like something I try to pick points out that still might appeal to others. I get a little tired of critics like Michael Philips or Richard Roeper who seem to be completely one sided, if they don't like something nobody will and if they love something everyone should, I try to play to both sides on most films, and you'll find I'm not easily impressed I don't hand out very many perfect scores at all.

Although what's on my blog right now is only a taste of about 300 reviews I have written in the past and I'm in the process of transferring over, there are definitely quite a few films I go on a rather large rant about, one of them up there is Death Proof in which I say:

"people who seem to be die hard Tarantino fans have some sort of screw loose in their brain"

Surely someone would be insulted by that! There's more to come, I definitely haven't delved into some of my more horrible viewing experiences yet.