Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What movie have you seen today?
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2008, 05:12 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1554
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Eagle Vs. Shark (2007)
A unique indie movie about two very socially awkward people finding love in each other. It stars Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) and Loren Horsley.

This movie was actually reminiscent of Napoleon Dynamite. Same dead-pan dialogue, but much more clever. If you guys haven't seen Jemaine Clement in action from HBO's Flight of the Conchords, you should really check it out. It makes you wonder if he's socially awkward in real life, or if he just does a really great job portraying it. You almost want to hate him in this movie because he comes off as a jerk, but he really doesn't know any better.

The Golden Compass (2007)

I must not know that much about Catholicism because I don't see what the big controversy was about this movie. To be honest, I'm still confused about the background story of it all. Something about dust. Definitely not something a kid would be able to understand.

I thought it was really cool how their souls walked beside them in animal form. It makes me wonder what animal mine would be. Unfortunately I just found it to be another Harry Potter/Narnia movie, but not as awesome. I probably would've liked it more as a book. I don't like seeing Nicole Kidman as a villain either (huge Moulin Rouge lover) but Yay! for Daniel Craig and Eva Green.

Sex and the City (2008)
I really don't have to much to say about this one. I liked it, but it was really just a two hour long episode of Sex in the City. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you're a devout SATC fan like I am. If you're going to watch it expecting something massive, all you'll find is a regular chick flick.

Penelope (2006)
Christina Ricci, James Mcavoy, Catherine O'Hara, Reese Witherspoon, the dude that played Mr. Bingley in P&P: How could you go wrong? Without a doubt my favourite movie I've seen so far this year apart from finally seeing Amélie.

Penelope (Ricci) is born with a curse of a pig's face until she is loved by "one of her own." She was also born an aristocrat so her mother (O'Hara) assumes she must marry a blue-blood to break the spell. Unfortunately all the suitors she meets tend to run away until she meets Max (Mcavoy).

Cameos include Witherspoon, Burn Gorman () and Russell Brand.

Last edited by Mandy; 17-06-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote