Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Keira is homogeneous
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2008, 02:36 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #50
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprize View Post
Of course, it is your opinion, but I have mine. When I watch Korikova's (or other actress/actor, similar to her) acting, it doesn't impress. But when I see acting of Keira Knighley, Judy Dench, Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Ian McKellen, maybe evem James McAvoy, Cate Blanchett, Jeffry Rush, Vivien Leigh - I am impressed so much, I just don't have enough knowlege of English vocabulary to say what I feel watching their work! They are marvellous! And I like movies, I like to watch deep movies with talented people.
It's their subtlety.
You want homogeneous? Have a look at Sean Penn's body of work. I can't for the life of me understand how he gets praised for his acting. His acting transmission has only one gear... intense. In the only role where he wasn't intense (I Am Sam) he offered up what can only be described as a caricature.