Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - History Thread
Thread: History Thread
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2008, 03:10 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

God yes. I am like a sponge when it comes to history. When I was ten, I dressed up as a Revolutionary War soldier for Halloween. My mother jokes about spending a week one afternoon aboard the USS Yorktown when I was about the same age. We'd watch movies about the ship in action and then go find the dents that the F6F Hellcat fighter that crashed into the smoke stack left.
Greek mythology and history... check.
Roman mythology and history... check.
Ancient/Roman/Medieval/Imperial/Modern Britain... check.
Norse mythology and the Vikings... check.
Barbarians week on the History Channel... err... History dot com... I'm glued to the television.
World War II... it is physically impossible for me to surf past any film based on this war... or pretty much any war for that matter.
I know way too much about Jack the Ripper and pretty much every other serial killer, madman or despot down through the years.
The history of sports... the history of medicine... the history of pretty much anything can keep me fascinated for hours.
I could (and did) wander around Colonial Williamsburg and Boston for hours as a child. At seven, my parents had to drag me away from the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor.
I History!