Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2007, 04:15 PM   #226
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
Its August here on Long Island New York, and its snowing. Not normal
I've been to Long Island, New York. There is Nothing Normal about Lonk Iland, not now, probably never will be... :icon_spam

Until now. I hadn't had sound on my computers (mostly) so I didn't usually watch movies. But I finally watched your BBC program. That program (like most non-scientific [peer reviewed] programs) uses some science to posit a position and then goes on to fantasize about what they "want" to happen to "prove their point" (i.e. Validate their fantasy.)

The biggest, and most glaring mistakes are so obvious that I am surprised that you took the time to point this out to me as I have come to believe that (while you are biased and often wrong ) you usually can think better than a "Science News Writer/Propagandist".

1) melting the Greenland ice cap will not raise the sea level. (We've had that discussion previously.)

2) If soot raises "Global Dimming", and burning the Rain Forests creates CO2 to increase Global Warming to increase the burning, Where does all the soot go from the fires? Darkens the Sun, eh?

3) bouncing Solar Radiation off a spherical shape will not send the energy "back into Space." He's a Climatologist, not a quantum Physicist. There is more explanation required as that one is obviously wrong.

Now, you do me a favor. Since the error in the conversion of all the temperature data has been factored into the calculations; and since we now know that the hottest year on record was 1934; how do you explain all the lies and pseudo-scientific balderdash that pseudo scientific "Climatologists" have been using to lie to the ignorant populace?

Have you noticed an increase in skepticism with respect to lies told by pseudo-Scientists? I have. Have you realized the depth of the damage that these lies have caused to the reputations of the Scientists who were lied to by their peers, AND, more importantly, their Professors?

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#

Last edited by dave; 24-08-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: No two posts in a row rule
dave is offline   Reply With Quote