Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Laptop? More Like...Flap...crop...
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2007, 03:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #25
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
The specs that Jake posted look pretty sweet.
Well, thank you very much, sir. I copy/pasted them myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
The only real thing I would mention is try and get a few extra batteries. My Pentium 3 laptop couldnt even be fired up for a while without the AC plugged in (it ccould be disconnected after boot) because of battery issues. Remember every battery, just like any other rechargable device, has a limited number of charge cycles before it goes tits up, and computer companies dont often stock batteries for old models. I eventually found a compatible battery for it on eBay but your mileage may vary.
This was actually an issue I was concerned about. I downgraded from a 12 cell batter to a high capacity 6 cell because the Indian man on the telephone told me the 12 cell sticks out of the bottom of the unit 1 inch or more. That sounded slightly retarded to me, so I opted for the flush 6 cell battery. I'll have to see how much it would be to get a spare or two, but I'm pretty sure I'll invest in that as it seems it will affect me some point in my laptops lifespan.