Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Should Helth Care be Socialized?
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2004, 07:43 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #13
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOB
But what if the NHS can't manage to provide healthcare for all? Some have to go without and then those who go on about the principles of the NHS are no longer about 'helping the helpless' but about 'helping the helpless, give or take a few who are beyond help'!
The NHS has so far, for me and mine, provided adequate service and healthcare. In fact they've even given me and my sister braces free of charge, even though we didn't actually have anything particularly wrong with them.

If you are ill then you will be treated. Now, those beyond help, the terminally ill are cared for too. Of course private healthcare is a bit more personal and may provide you with better/swifter care, but thats because you've just thrown money at the problem. The NHS is in my opinion, is one of the best healthcare systems in the world, in addition to our extended welfare state, which makes all the refugees and immigrants flock to British shores.