Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Would your parents be ok with you dating somebody of different race?
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #31
bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
That's what I tell myself everyday.

The fact that you're from California and you said that, I can relate... a lot. I could use that excuse about how pathetic the people (or girls) are from where I live, but nobody seems to buy it. Something a lonely person would say. That's bullshit, because I've never felt snow. To be honest, I've never been out of California. Like you said, perhaps I've never been out of my own bubble, but it's a big and comfortable bubble... so there's no rush. I pretty much amaze myself whenever I'm in a different city, it's so different and peaceful. Sometimes I can't even believe there is a place called England. There's a whole world out there, and I haven't seen anything.

I need help.
Richard, welcome to the lonely hearts club...band..Okay that was dumb.
Well, I'm not a California native and I've only lived here for about six years now. I spent my childhood in a country under British rule and I was fortunate enough to travel all over the world and interact with different kinds of people so alot of my angst towards where I am now is because it's so different from what I was used to. It's true that this bubble is comfortable and anyone who has visited before would think that I'm crazy for wanting to get out but like you said, there is a whole world out there and it would be really unfortunate for anyone if they didn't get to experience it. So, put on some comfortable shoes and start running. Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Sure you can practice an accent, isn't it better being who you are and attracting people (however rare they might be) who like you for who you are, rather than what you want them to see?

Besides I don't need to practice my accent :-P As some here know...
Yeah I definitely know what you mean. I hope I didn't give the impression that I was trying to be someone else just to pick up girls. That would be terrible.
As for the accent, I had to act out a three-minute dialogue I had written involving an intense Cockney accent for my film class and it didn't sound all that bad. Imagine...skinny Asian kid pretending to be a British thief.

This was a long post. Forgive me.
bryan is offline   Reply With Quote