Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Euro 2004
Thread: Euro 2004
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2004, 10:24 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #30
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I hope it's not the Czechs...I want to beat the French We need our revenge!

I think the French at their best can just edge out the Czechs, but I'd say the Czechs are certainly one of the favourites for the tournament now. I'd say it's unlucky for the Danes to have to face them, as they probably won't quite be good enough.

I see France beating Greece, England beating Portugal in a tight game, The Czechs beating the Danes and Sweden perhaps even managing to shock the Dutch (whose goal to chance ratio is worse than ours and who were most flukey in the way they beat the Latvians with two dodgy goals...if they're descending to cheating against a team like Latvia, how do they hope to beat the Swedes who've been sensational?). For me neithing Bouma nor De Boer are convincing against the best, and it often looks like Stam and Van Der Sar hold their defence together...against the strike force of the Swedes which is sensational, I think the Swedes should take it 2-1.

I see us beating the Swedes on pens (it's always the way...the Swedes are hard to beat...and we've got to break our bloody duck on penalities eventually...) and the French just edging the Czechs on pens too...France England final, with the Czechs beating the Swedes for third place.

EDIT: PS, the report on Euro 2004 will be finalised after the tournament and posted...I'll need to edit it for past tense and of course erase my eroneous predictions (actually, there haven't been that many...I predicted the Swedes drawing with Denmark 2-2...you just knew it would happen! Just as you just knew the Germans were out tonight...I of course WANTED Latvia to do it, as they've been such a credit to their nation, but the Dutch did always looked favourites...though weren't convincing at all)
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote