Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Today's Unhappiness
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2007, 10:45 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #253
Leonie
Elle

It's funny how many of your stories and photos revolve around being drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
I've been having some serious social anxiety. I had to go to the hospital today because of the panic attacks I've been having. It happened at work, and then it started getting worse. The worst part though is it's all in my head. I was hoping it was something as easy as, "Oh, you just need to eat a carrot, and everything will be fine."

Sigh... I was given a small sampling of anti-depressants but I kinda want to get over this myself, so hopefully I won't have to use them at all.
So sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what it must be like, but I hope you feel better. Don't worry about it all being in your head - think of it this way: it could very well be a chemical imbalance making you feel this way. That's physical and scientific, just like breaking a leg, and unlike breaking a leg, there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. Brains are funny things, and sometimes Hormone A just doesn't shake hands with Hormone B anymore, and then you can't feel happy. Or un-anxious. And thankfully, there are pills that can fix this, like a cast. And what the hell, I'll join PeeDee and make it a group hug.