Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Gay marriages
Thread: Gay marriages
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2004, 08:36 PM   Officer #30
DragonRat
Officer

Are gay marriages wrong? In my honest opinion, yes, they are. Personally, as a Christian, I find it immoral and distasteful, to see two men or two women wed each other in a house of God, when they know perfectly well they are doing something that has been specifically written as disdainful in God's eyes. I agree with what the Republicans believe (but dislike what they have done), as a 'marriage' is defined as the union between man and woman; that is what marriage is, and has always been. (Survival of culture and mankind cannot last without that specific denotation.) Personally, if they wish to have the same legal rights - and pay the same marriage tax - as everyone else, then go to a justice of the peace and wed into a legal union.

Now, as for whether or not I support homosexuality, that's a bit different. Sure, I don't care what people do in the privacy of their homes. And I enjoy the occasional veggie flick every now and then, just like every other guy. It's really their choice, what they should do with their lives.

On a political standpoint, the Republican party is decidedly conservative, and they'll go along with anything Bush says. In that context, I am disgusted at the political actions that Congress has taken. I may have my own conflicting views on gay marriage, but that does not mean one side or the other should be absolute law. So, on political and religious standpoints, there are two different points of view. One cannot simply apply religious views to political views.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote