Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What movie have you seen today?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #1052
kingdumbass

United 93....

I was living in New York on September 11th, 2001, and this film brought back all of the feelings I had that day. The chaos and tragedy of the whole experience....Frantically trying to reach my girlfriend, who worked in Manhattan, all day long, while watching CNN and imagining all of the possibilities of what could happen. The phones lines were completely jammed on that day, and it wasn't until around one PM that I finally could get ahold of my woman to know that she was OK. And I soon learned that my mother back in Michigan experienced similar stress trying to reach me.

Anyway, I remember hearing that a plane had hit the Trade Center, and kind of laughing about it at first. I figured it was some dumb rich guy who crashed his private jet into the building by accident. Then, there was the second plane, and I started paying REAL attention. Then, when I heard about the plane hitting the Pentagon, it was plain without a doubt that something very serious was happening. The tension just kept growing. United 93 captures this sense of growing chaos perfectly, following the same timeline with several narratives.

The last 10 minutes or so filled me with emotion. It's an incredibly moving film -- not exploitive in any way (even though I expected it to be), and handled with with taste and sympathy. I hate to conform to a cliche', but I feel numb.

5 out of 5.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote