Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - My Boss Is A Wanker...
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #19
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I've really got a problem with authority. I think it's because I like being in control in just about all aspects of life.
My little brother has been a truckdriver for over 37 years for precisely that reason. He cannot put up with stupid people. try him out at www.marystruck.us Then make a list of all the jobs you can get wherein you don't have to interact with other people. We (I) used to have a marvelous job called COBOL Programmer. We would sit in our cubicles for months at a time with the only interaction being with people we liked. Those were the days, my friend, We thought they'd never end. tum, tum ta dum tum tum...

So, once you have your brand new Ph.D in hand and you've taken steps to take your first "position" in your specialty, you should probably look around for a Junior College with Truck Driver classes. Beginning Truck Drivers make no money, but they take no shit from anyone. If you're a slave, there is power in knowing that everybody needs you, and they will go out of their way to hire you. There's money to be made there, but it's down the line from the beginner.

The main problem with truck driving is that about the only food you can get is "junk food" and it will, in the long run, ruin your body. But there is "Freedom". And, outside of "Mabel" at the truckstop or "Sunshine" at the Cafe Risque down in Lavonia. Georgia, nobody will talk to you if you don't start the conversation.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote