Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Bush: Hate Him or Love Him (split from UK terror thread)
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2006, 01:07 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #13
Foeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
Who died to make you so wise? I think a 16-year-old can have a well-informed opinion as much as you can. No need to be so damn condescending I think Bush has managed to annoy a great deal of foreign countries, which isn't the wisest thing to do in our current world of extremities and fanatacism. Moreover, he has proven himself to be less than grammatically capable, and sorely lacking in the "quick response in case of an emergency" department. He's not the worst, but he's a clown alright.
Of course a 16-year-old can have an as well-informed opinions as much as I can. All I'm saying is that very often they don't. I've too often seen people that age (usually boys, I know) only see things from one perspective. We have in Denmark this really left-wing political party. One of its front figures is a young woman, and you'd be surprised how many would vote for her 'because she's cool'. Luckily, they're not old enough to vote yet.
Another example is a political party that's rather nationalistic and wants a strict policy on immigrants. To a lot of the before mentioned youth, they're practically nazis. They simply look at a few issues and judge them on that.

I didn't mean to be condescending, Leah.
Foeni is offline   Reply With Quote